Friday, March 9, 2012

I love reading Hunger Games

Today is Friday, and it's almost midnight. I got home from work just after six, totally exhausted. And it wasn't even one of my twelve-plus hour days or anything. It was kind of strange, ever since like noon or so, I just wanted to go home. I just wanted the week to be over and for it to be the weekend. I haven't felt that that strong for a while, if ever.
But it was a good day overall. I missed giving Eda a shower on the usual Wed. schedule this week (got there a little too late--she got up earlier than usual), then woke up too late yesterday to go help with her shower; and today, I was even a little earlier than she usually wakes up, and I thought I would have ample time to help her shower. But I got to her door at about 8:43 am or so, and I could hear her inside already, near the door, and I thought, "you're kidding." I unlocked and opened the door, and there she was, all ready for the day! I couldn't believe it!
So I didn't help her shower this week, and I considered going back tonight to help her shower before bed, but I just now realized I totally spaced doing that. I'll probably just go Monday morning. I'm taking Margaret Reedy shopping to RC Willey at 9 am on Monday anyway, so it will work out great to get there just a little earlier and shower Eda.
But this morning, I got up too late to get fully ready before going to shower Eda, so I just went, without a lot of makeup, hair greasy (I thought I could pull off one more day without washing it in the shower--nope.), and then after I didn't give her a shower, I went home, washed my hair in the kitchen sink, ate breakfast, and finished getting ready for the day, and then got to work by about 10:45 am or so.
Work was a little slower today, had more dead time of a few minutes here and there with nothing to do, than I have lately, and I don't like that. Because I'm there, but not getting paid. So by the end of the day, I figured that  those minutes of dead time, combined with my lunch break (of about 15 min or so) came out to just over an hour of dead time today. So I really only worked about six hours. Bummer. But oh well. I worked a few long days this week, that hopefully it'll even out come pay day.
But it was a beautiful day!! This winter has been so strange, the dryest one Utah has seen in decades, if not ever. It's only snowed a handful of times, and it's always been just an inch or two or three or so. Never piles up in feet like it usually does. It's been weird. Nice for driving though. Bad for the snow plow companies. But the spring weather has come early too, and it's been so nice lately. Then it will be cold and snow off and on for a day or too. And then it will be back in the 50's and 60's. And tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer. Almost 60, I think. Besides the fact that we really need a ton more moisture, I would love for spring to just stay.
Best part of the day was after coming home from work, not needing to go anywhere. That was an amazing feeling. I scrounged up some dinner (leftover RiceSides, yum) in a tomato tortilla with cheese inside, then just ate the last of the rice with a fork; yogurt (I love yogurt); and chips and salsa (picante sauce, really. I recently learned that is basically the same thing as salsa.) with cream cheese. I think that was about it. Oh, and I ate three carrots. That was my vegetable I managed to get in.
But then I settled down on the couch, home alone (LOVE that), with my computer, my phone, and the ward directory and my dinner, prayed, and then sent out the mass text reminder to all the RS girls about the stake RS birthday party tomorrow. Then after that I settled in even more and read Hunger Games for the rest of the night. I love it. I'm going to go read just a little more before I go to sleep, but it has been such an amazingly relaxing night! My roommates came home around 8 and 8:30 or so, and at first I was irritated slightly, because they were in the kitchen, and I was here on the couch reading, and they were being a little noisy, and I don't overly love being around them anyway, but then they died down, and I was just lost in my book, and then Chelsey went and showered and went to her room, and Jessica and I just hung out out here--she on her computer and I in my book.
It's been so nice. And tomorrow I'm meeting Kemari (good friend from work) at the temple at 8, and then the RS thing is at 10:30, and then I'm heading up to SL to meet Rosanna, Camille, and Mom at Color Me Mine at 2 pm for a girls day (Rosanna bought the Groupon for there). I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment