Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My day

I'm so tired, but real quick, today was a good day. Yesterday was mostly good, I worked nearly all day, 6 am-about 6 pm, and work was good. But I found out that I didn't get into the U of A nursing program. That was a major bummer. It wasn't so much the program or what not, it was that I was going to be able to live in the same city as Peter and Lindsay, which I had so gotten my hopes up for, for at least the possibility. I cried a bunch yesterday and last night, every now and then. I felt like it was a cruel joke, and don't understand why I was let to get my hopes up about living near them, about us being in the same city, just for them to be dashed. I don't get it.

But today I have felt better, probably mostly because I worked all day, 8:50 am to 10 pm, so I didn't really have time to think about it much at all, but I do feel some better about the whole thing. I know things will work out, and that HF still has a plan for me, I just am sad about not being able to live by them. Like Mom said, it just seemed to really fit. We are all shocked that I didn't get in, for that reason (Peter just got accepted to a pediatric dental program there in Tucson, so when I got my interview for U of A there in Tucson, we all couldn't believe it, and thought that it must be meant to be, I think.)

Anyway, but work was good, and for working 13 hours, I was not nearly as tired as I should have been when I left, which was so nice (I worked as personal assistant for about 9 hours, then covered the second half of Liz's shift from 6-10 pm). My body is exhausted though, I can feel it now.

A highlight of the day...getting to sit in Marlyn Pollard's dentist office for an hour while she got worked on, and read my book (the first book of Hunger Games--so good!!). That was great. That I got paid to do that. Also, I just love Dean. I see him usually three times a day, and he is so concerned with getting me married. It's hilarious. He's always talking about it, asking things like, "So what boy were you out with last night?" or "Did you get married this weekend?" or "How are we going to find you a husband?" I love it. I keep telling him that if I ever do get married, it will be because of him. He is trying harder than anyone to make it happen. It cracks me up. Especially when he asks me what boy I was with last night, and I tell him I wasn't, that I was here, at work.

Okay, I've got to go brush my teeth, read my scriptures real quick, and go to sleep. I'm about to crash. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment