Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My First Caucus

Last Thursday I did a new thing. I went to a political caucus! It was actually a great experience, I felt like such an active citizen! I debated quite heavily (?) on whether or not to go, because Institute was the same night, and even though the First Presidency sent out a letter to Utah wards saying that we were encouraged to attend our caucuses, and that all church meetings and activities should be cancelled that night so that members can go to their caucus, our Institute wasn't cancelled. And I really wanted to go because I was hoping to see this guy, Nick Purse, there, who I've been really wanting to get to know and have the chance to talk to him, and I was hoping this was the week, because I chickened out last week. Well, I ended up going to the caucus, obviously, and convinced Allison Brown to go with me. Natalie Hodges came too, and then it was actually just Natalie and I because Allison's friend was back and they had a meeting planned.

Anyway, we went, and I was very glad I went, for multiple reasons. Since I wasn't going to Institute and wouldn't get to see this Nick Purse, part of me hoped that maybe he would be at the caucus. He wasn't. BUT, remember Rob, that guy from last summer, that I actually prayed to get the chance to get to know better, and then I got the chance, and we did a few things together, and then it ended weird and he turned out to be different than I thought he was, and it was weird and kind of awkward at the end, and it just kind of fizzled out and died? Well, he was there. And at first I was kind of shocked to see him, and we said hi in passing, and he touched my arm with his in salutation as he passed.

Then Natalie and I (and Christian Curriden, in our ward, was with us by this time too, as well as Jason Damm, Ryan Faber) ended up sort of near and behind Rob as everyone in the precinct gathered to listen and start the voting process. I kept looking over at him, thinking he was still very attractive. Manly, built, a good size. Just wearing shorts and a t-shirt, which I love. Anyway, after we voted the first time, he saw me and said hi again, and came over to where we had been standing, so when I came back to my spot after putting my vote in, he was there. So we just hung out the rest of the time, chatted, caught up. And it was actually really really fun to be with him! It wasn't weird or awkward, we joked, we flirted, it was great! We were both wearing our chacos, which was funny. And which he noticed (mine) and commented on. Ha.

I've been wanting to see him again, to do something with him. I just got tickets to the BYU Ballroom Showcase, and I think I'll invite him, if I don't have a better option by then, but it's in three, well, two-and a half weeks now. Seems so far away! But I guess I'll just stick with that plan, unless I have something else to invite him to sooner.




No comments:

Post a Comment