So I'm feeling better about the U. After I had a melt down and very emotional evening, as I told and talked to Mom about it, and then later Peter (it was his birthday, which Mom thankfully reminded me of..), sleeping on it helped, and though I still wasn't excited by any means, I felt better the next day, and feel a little better about it each day.
The hardest thing has just been that it's so soon (month and a half away) and will be such a big change for me (moving from Provo, and leaving everything I love and am comfortable with behind), and when I didn't know if nursing is really what I want to do.
But Mom had some good points: that I got into a prestigious program, so I should do it. That since it's only a year and a half, if I really don't want to be a nurse afterwards, at least I have a nursing degree, and I could do something else if I really wanted.
Then I talked to Peter, which was really nice, and I broke down all over again, but he has been in a similar situations, specifically recently when he just got into Tucson, where they are moving for his pediatric dentistry program, and that was not his first choice (Houston was), he was kind of bummed at first too. But it was really good to talk to him, he helped me feel better about it. And he said something that was an especially good point, he told me that unless I feel really wrong about it, I should do it.
So I'm going to accept the U's offer, and go forward. It will be hard, hard to leave Provo, my ward, my friends, my job, but when you're most comfortable is when change comes, and needs to come, I suppose, to grow. So no matter what or when, it's going to be hard. But I know that everything will be okay. And I think the hardest it is to leave and enter the next phase in life, the better it will turn out to be, eventually anyway. At least that's how it was when I left on my mission: so so hard, but then of course, I loved my mission more than I can ever describe in words. And not at first, but in the end it was so worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment