Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dang Nate

So, dang it, I am a little bit crushing on Nate again. Gaah. He was really fun after ward prayer (that's why I go to ward prayer, for the "after party," as I call it. The after party is always way fun, whoever stays.) A bunch of us were writing nice notes, and then we were messing around with the new ward anonymous nice note texting system that Alex Swan created (genius). Nate and Alex stuck around til I was ready to leave (after writing my fill of nice notes..:), which I was flattered by, and we all walked out together, and talked and joked as we walked home from the Lion House. Joylyn was there at the parking lot by BDA, and we ran into her and we were all joking and laughing and cracking up, about the stars we thought were planets (Joylyn thought one was "twinkling"), and the text Nate sent me via the new ward text system, and whatever else. Then as we kept walking toward BDA Nate suddenly started playing "tag" and got me first, said, "You're it!"
So then when I got home later (from Amy and Allison's apt., where I had taken my computer over earlier to write in my journal, and where we watched Prince of Egypt--love that movie) I found all the nice notes that Nate had brought over, all but one of which were for me (made me feel so good..but it's really only cuz my roommates never go to ward stuff, so they don't know people and stuff, I think). But I read the one that I had given Nate to write to me (put my name at the top for him :), and though it had a joking tone to it, the things he said in it really meant a lot to me. I was very flattered.

On the outside he wrote "M-Cakes my love, 29" and inside he wrote "(Dearest Melissa (I wrote that:)) It's hard to find words. No literally, have you ever found words in the wild. If I had to say something about you, like if I was forced, with a gun to my head, I would probably say, 'Gee, that Melissa sure is one swell girl.' Perhaps I might actually say, 'What lovely everything Melissa has, she most certainly is among the most bombest people ion the planet, for real.' I (heart) you. (Heart)/SA (Secret Admirer)"

Coming from him, I thought it was very sweet. It's not often that he is a real sincere, complimentary person, mostly he just jokes around. The rare times I have had a real conversation with him, like the night before when I was asking him a bunch about his mission, it is very enjoyable and he is very attractive. But yeah, the note was essentially him joking around, but I feel like there is truth behind what he wrote, I mean that he actually maybe means those nice things. I sound really conceited right not, I realize. But that's not how I mean this, I was just very flattered and taken by surprise.

Anyway, that and then the text he sent me through that system..it was in French, and he translated it for me, and for others again after that, as it kept coming up, and he said that essentially it meant "I like you, really (like seriously)." I didn't know what that meant, or if there was any actual meaning behind those words, but I figured he could have said a thousand other random things, to test out the system (which he was doing), but he didn't. Again, I was flattered. Maybe for no reason, but nevertheless, I was. I wanted to text him back something witty, and it wasn't til we weren't together anymore that I thought of something. But via google translate, I texted him back (in French), "Then why don't you ask me out already?" partly just to see what he would do, to give him a little reciprocation back, if that's what he was looking for. But also to be funny. He responded that he didn't know what that meant, and I said (again in French), that's too bad. And he said, "indeed." So that was the end of that. And then I wasn't feeling it so much with him anymore. And then actually this past Monday night our group went to Brother Loveland's mom's house for home evening, and at that activity, I wasn't super impressed with Nate. So he's back off the board again, happy to report. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment