Sunday, March 11, 2012

Last weekend, and this one, Alex Foy, and Andrew Ray

This was a good weekend, not quite as fun as last, but good.
Last weekend was awesome! So fun and so great! Friday, immediately after work, a bunch of us met up at Red Robin for Alex Foy's birthday, which was a lot of fun. Trent texted me earlier that day to tell me about it, and thankfully I was able to leave work a little early to go. And just before I left work he told me to try to get other girls to come...a little short notice, ha! But also thankfully, my Brown girls (Amy and Allison) could come, which of course made it even more fun! So I ran home, grabbed them, and we headed to Red Robin. At dinner was also Alex, of course, Trent, Joel, Nate (Fairborn), and Trent's friend. Alex sat at the head of the table and I sat next to him, and we had a great chat about the oil industry. I had questions, and he knows a lot about it, so that was actually really enjoyable. And boys that are smart about things like that are quite attractive when they talk about it.
So dinner was really fun, then Amy and Allison were going to go to the temple, so I decided to go with them, and Alex came with us. Alex and I went and did sealings while Amy and Allison did baptisms. It was really great, Alex had never done sealings, so that was neat for him, and it was fun to do them with a good friend.
Then after that we all went to our separate apts and changed, and then met at 2 (the Browns') to watch a movie. We watched "Fly Boys," which I really liked. Alex and I sat on a couch, and though I'm not in love with him, we are good friends, and have been for a while, and I really wanted to cuddle, or at least sit close or something, because it would have been so comfortable and not a big deal. We have sat next to each other at least a couple other times watching movies, in the past, and we always end up sitting close, sharing a blanket. But he didn't seem as apt to do so this time. But it was fine, I'm not in love with him, so I didn't feel rejected or anything. 
The next day, last Saturday, was stake conference, which was so good. A bunch of us in the ward met up to carpool over there (to the church by Costco, is where the adult Sat. session was), and the session was really good, mostly on marriage, but such great talks. One of the stake couples (in the presidency) spoke together, at the pulpit, about marriage, and it was so great! It was just like talking to them, they told tons of stories from when they met to now, and things they have been through together, trials and things, and they have such a great marriage. They were to funny together. It totally made me want to be married (not that I already didn't)!
After stake conference, a few of us were standing around together after (namely, Alex, Andrew Klemme, and others...haha, I only remember those specific guys, ha. I've had a crush on Andrew before, but he and Joylyn are kind of starting to date, which I'm so excited for! But I still love being around him.), and Alex asked what I was doing tonight, and I said I didn't have any plans, but that I felt like we couldn't hang out, because they had just re-emphasized the 'no more hanging out, and start dating more' concept that Elder Oaks gave a talk about a few years ago. But of course we were going to do something. 
So we all headed home, and Andrew came with me, which was fun to chat with him, without any question of what's between us anymore, in fact we talked a lot about he and  Joylyn's date the previous night. 
After I got home, I texted Alex as I was throwing some stuff together for dinner, and said, "So what's the plan, Stan?" And he was like, "You want to come grab a bite to eat with me and the guys, my treat. For you, not the guys.:)" And I was like "Haha, sure!" So he came and got me, and it was the two of us, and then Nate and Austin in the back seat. Ha, I thought this will be interesting. I don't mind being around Nate, of course, but I've never liked being around Austin. Thankfully, it actually wasn't bad, even fun. I just don't like being around him normally because he acts much different around his friends.
So we went down to Center St., parked, and walked up and down it, trying to decide where to eat. We ended up eating at this El Salvadorian place, which I think was called "El Salvador." It was good, mostly. The papusas (?) were delicious, the tamales that I got were less delicious. They were different than Mexican tamales, it seemed. And what was called a horchata, was much different than a Mexican horchata. A very unique flavor, I didn't finish it. Even with the others tasting it too. But it was fun to try something new! 
Then we went back home, and later a bunch of people went to a movie at the dollar, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close." It's the one about the little boy and how he copes, basically after his dad is killed in 9/11. It was sad, but a very good movie, I thought. I sat between Alex and Joel, but nothing super exciting happened between anybody.
Then that night I slept at Amy and Allison's, which was so fun! We stayed up way too late chatting, but it was so fun. The next morning we went to stake conference again, had Alex save us seats (they had to be there early for PH meeting), so us three girls got there right before it began and sat by him. It was a great conference again. Slightly harder to pay attention to than the night before's. The most entertaining thing about it was watching some girl give Bryan Ray a back rub for a ridiculously long amount of time, a few rows in front of us. He is so funny, always wants the girl next to him to give him a back rub. I've sat next to him twice in Sac. Mtg, and both times he's asked me to. And both times I've laughed and said no. He's so funny, I love the kid. And his twin brother, Andrew, who I've just recently been getting to know better (specifically today), and who I think I have a little crush on. They are 23, Andrew just told me today, which I was glad to hear, I thought they were only 22. He came in before RS started, as I was setting up, and was chatting and flirting with me, of course (those Ray boys are sure flirts!:) and I was like, "Why don't we hang out more?" He is a fun guy, and a little more mature than Bryan, I would say. A little more grounded and serious. Tonight at ward prayer, as it was starting, he came over to me (we were on the BDA balconies tonight, because the weather was so nice today!) and I was cold. He came to give me a side hug, and I was like, "make me warm, I'm cold!" I would not usually be so bold like that. But I really did want someone to make me warm, and I figured he would. :) Plus these boys are kind of like my little brothers, they're younger than me, so I feel like it's all in good fun. 
But he did, he sure did. He scooted around to get behind me, and as I was holding onto my scriptures against my chest, he literally wrapped his arms around the front of me. I was very much warmer, and I'll be honest, I was LOVING being held. Man, it felt so good. I didn't want it to stop. He let go for a second at one point, I forget why, but then he resumed position for another minute. When he let go he was like, "did that help?" And I was like, "Yeah, it actually really did." Then he was like, "K, my turn." And I was dumb and was like, "I can't, then I will be cold again," or something really dumb like that. Then I felt bad because I felt like I had shafted him, after he had just made me warm. Rude of me, really. So after ward prayer I wrote him a nice note apologizing, and telling him he's a stud, in hopes to rectify that thoughtless moment I had. 
I would actually totally consider dating him, if he tried. He's a pretty great guy, I've been pretty impressed by him at different times. 
Anyway, back to last weekend. So after stake conference, some of us girls got together and put a dinner together. It was Amy and Allison, then the girls next door in 3: Joylyn, Jenny, and Jessica Simpson; Haylie Ferguson, and myself. We did taco salad. Then cookies and ice cream after. Everyone contributed something, and it was all so good! And so so much fun! Later in the week they invited Amy, Allison, and I to join their Tuesday nights dinner group, which I think we are, which should be a blast. I love all those girls.
Then we had a presidency meeting, which was fun, as always, but ended up lasting like 2 hours, which was a little too long. But it was still good. Then Amy, Natalie, and I went around visiting girls, specifically ones who were not in RS that day, and Natalie brought her ucalele (?) and we sang to some of them. Ha, it was fun.
That night ward prayer was of course so much fun, staying late, as always, writing lots of nice notes, there with Alex, Nate, Amy, and others. ....I now feel like I've already written about this night. Oh, yeah, I did, when I wrote all about Nate last week, ha.
Anyway, okay, that's about it for last weekend, included many more details than I planned, but what's new.

This weekend was pretty good too, less eventful. Stayed at home and mostly just read Hunger Games on Friday night, then Saturday we had the stake RS birthday party thing, with Janice Kapp Perry and Costa Vida catered lunch after, which was all really great. Then I headed up to Draper and met up with Mom, Camille, and Rosanna, for a little girls day out. We went to Color Me Mine, which was my second time there, and it was fun. Then Camille and I went shopping for just a bit at Ross down the parking lot, and then I went over to their house and ate dinner with them and played with the boys for a little bit before (well, mostly with Owen, the other two I just watched Tom and Jerry with, they are all adorable), and then I headed back down to Provo. Alex and Joely came over, brought me the second Hunger Games book, and hung out for a bit. Joel ended up leaving and Alex stayed and we watched some things on youTube, and then we played Othello together. It was actually really fun. My roommates Jessica, and then Chelsey came home while we were playing, and stuck around in the room for a while watching us play, fascinated by this new game they'd never seen, and chatted with us. I can't ever get them to talk to me that way, but if I ever have anyone over with me, they'll talk and chat with them.
That was the best part of the night, playing Othello. Later Alex and I, and Chelsy went over to go watch 'fight night,' where Joel and Dallas were going to fight, this thing they like to do weekly. They didn't end up doing it, so we just went over to the guys' apt., Capri 4, and made orange julius's and just chatted for a bit. Chelsey was there, and I'll be honest, I don't love hanging out with her. She's not super mature, in her comments and things. 
We left because it was technically getting late, due to daylight savings being last night. And I just wanted to kind of end the night. It wasn't the most eventful. So we went home. 

Today church was great though, I love Sundays. They are my most social day of the week, due to my calling, and meetings, and ward prayer, etc. And today was no exception. The weather was so beautiful, a bunch of us hung out outside on blankets on the grass for a while. Preston Jackson, Amy, Kayla Baucom, Laura, Andrew Klemme, Natalie Hodges, and others came and went. It was so nice to be outside in such nice weather!

Okay, so I'm still at 2 (the Browns' apt), which is becoming my second home, my sanctuary. I need to leave because it's now midnight, and I need to get up early. But yeah, I don't love being at home when my roommates are there so much anymore. I feel like they have something against me. Like they don't like me. So I will be here at 2 more and more, I don't doubt. I thought about sleeping here, which they totally would let me do, but I think I'll got home.

Anyway, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment