Besides waking up late and missing the chance to help Eda with her shower again, today was a good day. Because I woke up late enough that there was no way I would be able to get ready and get to work before she showered, I stayed in bed and snoozed a few more dozen times (not really that many) before getting up. It felt very good.
I only did my personal assistant job today, which is always nice after working both some days. It's kind of relaxing. I really like my job, have I said that? Now that I'm a lot busier with it, and really could work it for 8 hours a day if I chose (depends on when I choose to get there sometimes), it is really great. I don't work by number of hours I have left, but I basically have certain things to get done every day, and when it's all done, and I've helped everyone I need to, I can go home. Nowadays, that usually ends up being around 5:45 or 6 pm or so, but I'm kind of my own boss, I basically do my own thing, and I really like what I do. I love being able to spend time with these people and really care for them. I love not having to worry about answering call lights and needing to get out of someone's room because someone else is calling. I love the relationships I'm able to develop with the residents I help, such as with Dean, Bob Horner, Jo Stewart, Margaret Reedy, and Ginny. I never have loved helping Ginny as a PCA, because you're usually in a hurry when she calls, and she moves slow and talks a lot and I just never loved helping her a ton. I had the wrong attitude, was really the problem. But for the past couple/few weeks she's had this bad skin reaction, so I've been helping her morning and evening (late afternoon, before I go home) with her special skin care, and I'm usually not in a huge hurry, and I don't have to worry about other people needing me while I'm with her, and it's made a huge difference. I love the woman now. And she really loves me too, she's so sweet. She has her quirks, but she is very sweet and appreciative, and funny too.
Anyway, funny thing happened today. When I was in Margaret's room, scheduling with her (times to go get her dog's shots and go to RC Willey to get a stable bedside table) and going through her mail and bills, I saw that her dog, Reese, had pooped on the carpet (which recently, her nephew, Dan, has asked me to check for that, and let me know when it happens). She was just going to clean it up later, after I left, which was fine with me, because it didn't stink, and didn't look like it was wetting into the carpet or anything. But then later, I was trying to leave, and went over to her filing drawer to quickly file some things away, and I wasn't watching where I was stepping, and I totally stepped in the poop! I smeared it a little into the carpet, and thereby created a worse mess to cleanup than it was. Ha! I felt like an idiot, because I was the one who had pointed it out to her... We got it cleaned up pretty good.
I gotta go to bed, I'm falling asleep.. but tomorrow's Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment