Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Years resolution

Today is New Years Day! It's 2012! And I've decided that one of my new goals is to write in my journal every day. Even if it's just a short snipit about something good that happened that day.

So today it was Sunday, and I was up in SL. I had spent the night at Jake and Camille's, but I went to church with Mom and Dad because they were speaking. Maxine sat by me, which was nice, for both of us to have a friend. I just love her, she is so sweet.

Then I went to Rosanna's, where Peggy and Evan were, and their kids, playing at the Kerrs. Grandma Froerer was there too, so that was fun to chat with them all, and their kids (Sasha and ...) are so cute. Then after Peggy left, I took and hour-and-a-half nap upstairs in the guest room at Rosanna's, which was so needed (weird dream, an extension of Pirates of the Caribbean, and sea monsters coming out of the Kerrs' basement wall to come for dinner...strange. So glad dreams aren't real.). Then I left to go back to Provo, to work a four-hour shift tonight, and she sent me with some leftover homemade chicken noodle soup, with her homemade noodles (love it) and some of her amazing chocolate mousse pie. Amazing.

Work was good, I like me job, especially because of the people I work with. Tonight I worked with Liz, and Nicole, who are both awesome. Janessa is great too, and Ashlyn is nice too, just not my favorite.

Then I was excited to come home, once again to a quiet apt., and sit and blog or journal or something relaxing on this sabbath evening, but when I got home, BOTH OF MY ROOMMATES WERE HERE. What??! They weren't supposed to come back til at least tomorrow I thought! Man, I was not mentally or emotionally ready for them to be back. I was already dreading it, I have SO loved having the apt to myself. Makes me want to live alone somewhere. Too expensive though. But seriously, I have been totally thrown. I still don't know what to do about tomorrow. I was planning on having the apt to myself, at least part of the day, so I could study a lot and finish preparing for the GRE, which I take the next day on Tuesday. I just want to escape and go home, and get away from my roommates. Don't get me wrong, they're not awful, we're just not good friends or anything. We all get along great, we're all easy going, I just don't love being around them, necessarily. And it has been so SO nice to have the apt. to myself. I was not ready to give that up today.

Anyway, I've got to figure out what to do tomorrow, where to go. I can't stay here, I'll go crazy. I'm not ready to be around them a lot yet, I've got to get this GRE over with.
I'm trying to decide whether or not to drive up to SL to either hang out at home and study, or go up to Huntsville with Mom and Rosanna and kids, and Camille possibly, to spend more time with Peggy before they go back to England on Thurs.
Aa, I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment