I am so tired. I worked as a PCA today from 6-1 (just after), and then I did my personal assistant stuff from around 1:45 to 4:30. So I was at work for about 10 1/2 hours today, which was good because I need the hours, but I was SO TIRED by the time I got home. Running on less than 5 hours of sleep didn't help... And I was starving because I didn't really have lunch (except an orange and granola bar). Anyway, I'm not complaining, just reporting. Work was good though, I worked with the morning shift girls, some of whom I haven't ever really gotten to know very well, which I would like to because I see them in passing all the time doing my PA stuff while they're there. So it was a great opportunity to talk to them more personally, and it was good. I got to know Nicky Martin better, and cleared up something about my PA job, which I think she had been holding against me, so that was good. And I met and got to know a PRN girl named Jaclyn, who turns out has almost the same life as me. She just graduated from the Y in Dec., is wanting to be a PA, and can't work Sundays b/c she is a RS pres. as well. Ha! I kept asking her questions and her answers kept being similar/the same as my situation, and it was funny. She's a cute girl.
Jeni went through the temple tonight at 7, up in Draper, and she had wanted me to come, which I wanted to, but then after I got home from work, I was just beat. I felt like it really may not be the safest thing for me to drive up there in the state I was in, not to mention there wasn't much chance of me staying awake through any session, that was for sure. I was just so beat I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. I even had a mission friend's (Josh Richardson) wedding reception tonight, which I had been planning on going to for a while, and I was going to have to choose between the two activities, but I ended up not doing either because of how tired I was. I layed on the couch to take a thirty min. nap and see how I felt about going to the temple after that, and I heard my alarm once, snoozed it (of course) and then woke up an hour later, to have gotten a needed hour and a half nap. It felt so good. And now it's only 10 pm, and I'm so tired again. I think I might go take a shower and go to bed.
Oh, one of the greatest things about today was that as I was making myself some dinner, I was thinking about how I really wanted to start another dinner group this semester because I don't eat nearly as well by myself, and I never really cook anything much these days. Then a little while later Ashley Dymock in my ward texted me and invited me, and my roommates, to be in a dinner group! It was like an answer to an unsaid prayer! I'm so grateful, and I really feel like HF knew I wanted that, and blessed me to just be invited to one, and not have to try to start one on my own, for which I am very grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment