Work was good today, but a long day, and I was SO tired. I was so sleepy all day.
Something that is getting tiresome at work is working with Bob. I love Bob, he is such a sweet man, so kind. I clean his kitty box every day, and now I help him do his physical therapy exercises every day. He is starting to tell me more that he already did them, and it's starting to be more unbelievable that he really did, and I am thinking more that he just thinks he did, or that he is just trying to get out of doing them with me so he imagined that he did them, or something. I don't think he's just flat out making it up to me to get out of them, because he is too good of a man, I think. But after he tells me, he's so nice, that I don't want to tell him I don't believe him, and make him do the exercises anyway, but I feel like he is liking when I come less and less. And until recently, we've been having a really good time together. Part of it is his exercises used to include his eyes open more, so we could chat and he would tell me all sorts of stories about his life. But now his exercises all consist of closing his eyes, and if I ask him a question, he gets distracted and stops doing the exercise. So I don't really talk to him much during them, which makes them less enjoyable for him and me. And he used to be so willing to get up and do them, and he is (jokingly, but still) resisting more. I hate pushing people to do things they don't want to, or to seem like a "slave driver," as he (again jokingly, but still) called me today.
Anyway, I don't really know what to do about it.
Also, tonight our next door friend, Lexi, came over for our first night of scripture study together. There is a lot to her, and I need to make this short, but basically she thinks about everything so much more than most people, which causes her to doubt a lot of things, and it's hard for her to have faith and just believe. She doesn't have a testimony, and she is rather critical. But she wants to have peace in her life. Chelsey and I were her visiting teachers last semester, which is why we know all this. there is much more to her issues, but the gospel stuff is just part of it.
Anyway, I've been having her have the goal to read the scriptures daily, which she's been doing better at, and she has good intentions with it, but she gets caught up so easily in the wording, and interprets them the wrong way. Like, in negative ways, and thinks God is contradicting himself, etc. And obviously reading the scriptures daily is important, but I've almost wanted to tell her not to, because of the frustration they bring her. So I suggested last night that she come over every night and we read them together. She thought that was a fine idea, so tonight was the first official session of scripture reading together, and overall, it went so well!
We sat and talked and read the scriptures for over an hour, and at times it's exhausting to talk to her because of the way she thinks and analyzes and worries about little things, and wording or her assignments and stuff. But we are making progress, and to see even a little progress makes it all worth it! I asked her to pray at the close of our little session, and at first she hesitated, and didn't really want to, but then she agreed, and she even asked if I had anything I wanted her to include (so sweet). I just told her to ask Heavenly Father to help her have faith, or to help her have the desire to believe, if that is where she is at (we read from Alma 32 tonight).
Her prayer was so sweet and so sincere, it was an example to me. I even got teary eyed during it, and felt to grateful and so blessed for this opportunity to help her, and to see her grow. I have no doubt that she will get a testimony eventually, which is so exciting to think about.
I told her to go home and write in her journal some things that she felt and insights she had tonight, about the scriptures, and I told her I would too. So this is why I wrote tonight, and I am so grateful that I did. I want to remember this experience with our sweet Lexi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment