Monday, January 9, 2012

Good, long day of work

So I've totally been failing at my goal the past few days. But today I worked nearly 12 hours (an 8-hour shift 6-2 and then about 4 hours of personal assistant), and I am shot. It was long, but good because I need the hours. I have a headache, which I'm almost positive is from need of sleep, and my eyes are stinging, and it's only 10:30. So I'm going to head to bed soon.
But it's been a good day, work was good overall, besides making Jo Stewart upset that I wasn't there to help her at 2 (I had to take Marlyn to an emergency-like Dr. appt., and had Jessica, the front desk girl, call her to let her know I wouldn't be there, but she could never get ahold of her...go figure). I like working on EC (enhanced care, the Alzheimer's unit, essentially) much better in the day than the evening shift. I worked with Kristen, who I decided I really really like, and Amaron, who I like a lot as well. She is so sweet. She is hearing impaired, and so so nice. And Kathy, the nurse, was of course over there, who I really like working with. She likes me, which I am grateful for. I have a lot of respect for her, she is a great nurse and person. She told me that I should tell Derek (does scheduling) and Marianne (the head boss of Courtyard) that I need to be over on EC more. I was like, "......ok....." because I don't love working EC. At least not in the evenings. I like AL much better, it's easier, I know it better, I know the other PCAs over there more, and I always finish my hall last at night on that side. Always, it's so frustrating. It makes me feel so slow. But Kathy said something to the effect of, "well, we really enjoy having you over here." I was very flattered, that was a high compliment. And Linda, the activities director on EC, also said it's fun to have me on that side. It was so nice!
Anyway, I'm going to go to bed, my head is hurting mucho and my hands are so dry, I need lotion really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment