I think I have scared Wes away.
We cuddled on Fri (he definitely initiated) and it was good, and on the way home he told me, "Sorry that I move so slow" to which I responded that it's fine, and that I'm the same way (he said he used to move quicker but discovered that doesn't work out) and that I agreed. Then when we were hugging goodbye I told him, "Thanks for moving slow."
So by the end of that night, I felt less giddy, actually, than I would have expected, after having just cuddled for the first time, but I did feel like this was a mutual liking, and that things would continue to move forward.
Well, we texted some on Sunday (I initiated), and that was good, and then he asked me if we played volleyball last night via text, I didn't get it til late, so I texted him back this morning, and we texted back and forth a mere three times, I think, with it ending on my response to him asking when he could bring our crock pot back (I let him borrow it for his ward activity Sat.). I ended my response with something I thought was funny, even slightly flirtatious, with a smiley face at the end, and nothing. No response.
So I'm thinking that I may never see him again, other than to get the crock pot back. Although, he may just come drop it off, I almost wouldn't be surprised at this point. In my response to him to answer his question about the crock pot return, at the end I put, "or if you don't care if I'm here, you can bring it by whenever.:)" I was joking and thought he would want to see me, but now I'm not so sure.
The only thing I can think has scared him away was my extra long hug on Friday, I just kept hugging him. I like hugging him. And we had just cuddled, for goodness sake! Can't I good-and-hug him?? Plus my heart was apparently pounding, which he informed me of during both of our goodbye hugs. That was embarrassing. I had no idea it was pounding, I was actually really surprised it was. I didn't notice, and I wasn't planning on kissing him, I wasn't feeling it by the end of the night (it was a good night, but something was off. After thinking about it over the next day, I think it was because he never asked me about me or my day, but he was very focused on the activity he was largely in charge of the next day, so it's understandable). So both times when he said, "Your heart is beating really fast" he totally caught me off guard, partly because I had no idea, I couldn't feel it, like I was nervous. And because he probably thought that meant I either wanted to kiss him or just really really liked him. So I couldn't come up with anything clever to say to blow it off, I was just awkward and didn't really say anything. Dang it. I just shouldn't have hugged him for so long. I got carried away. Which I know I have a tendency to do sometimes like that.
So anyway, I'm thinking that was the end of Wes. Kind of a bummer. He was a pretty good guy.
Which brings me to my most recent conclusion: dating is too hard, emotionally. I think I will just stay single, it's much safer for the heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment