Saturday, February 16, 2013

Great online dating messages

I'm getting off LDSSingles.com tonight, after about eight months! Holy cow, waaaayy longer than I planned on.
But there are a few great, memorable messages that I want to save, ha.
Oh, so my username is ilovecereal. Thus all the messages and questions about my favorite cereal. Ha.

Yea I'm an Aggie. How about yourself? Thanks for going with nice instead of cute. What guy wants to be called cute? Lol. What was your mission like? 

how you doing? how come your single if your beautiful and for what i read on your profile you seem like an amazing girl? 


cereal's nice, but wouldn't you rather have a nice boxen of donuts? 

Hey! How's your summer going? Enjoying some July holidays? Does nursing school go year round? or do you get some downtime in the summer? 

Anyway, I enjoyed your profile. Feel free to check mine out and write me back if you want to talk more.

-Jake


ok maybe i better send an original flirt huh? they didnt have a "youre WAY cute" flirt..so i decided to send my own....youre WAY cute!!  



Hey there ilovecereal,

My name is Joe. I probably don't love cereal as much as you do but I do find it to be quite delicious. I recently went to the grocery store and bought a ton of cereal. I got Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, Raisin Bran, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Life.

What's your favorite cereal? Or if that is too hard you're top 3 favorite cereals?

I actually think that my favorite cereal is Basic 4. But I better do my top 3 just in case; Basic 4, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Honey Bunches of Oats.

Oh, and I agree, Brian Regan is hilarious. I love his bit about being outside playing as kids and one of the kids gets hurt. And then someone has to go in and tell the mom that someone got hurt. His acting out the kid telling the mom always makes me roll on the ground laughing. He is pretty good.

I hope you have a great week and speak with you soon,
Joe 

I love oatmeal, would this be a problem? 
hello my name is Issac Opehema
Currently I am studying at BYU Hawaii and I am looking for a soul mate.
If you think I am an ideal person to talk to to, I will be happy to answer any question you may ask?

In case I am leaving you with my email address# iopehema@gmail.com/opehe@go.byuh.edu

Thank you

Issac 

Hi there. So as you can probably tell my name is Jon. Nice to meet you. So why do you find yourself here? . Your profile got me really interested. You sound like you have a quality I highly prize. You have a zest for life. I am a bit like you and I believe nothing is really boring. Only boring people get bored. Also I had a really, really close scrape and almost met my maker. As a consequence I treat my days as a bonus. I am impressed by your list of hobbies. And may I say and I hope I'm not being too forward, but I think you look very pretty. 
So I have a lot of hobbies and try a lot of things. I'm here because sadly in my part of the world there are very few members and hardly any under 30. I live in a relatively big ward (maybe 300 members) and often I am the only YSA there on Sunday. So I thought, how can I meet like minded people? I gave this a go. So I think it's best if I ask you a few questions just to break the ice. Fave film? fave book? fave drink? fave food? and seeing as this is LDS singles I'll have to ask something mormony; fave scripture?
I love to travel btw. I've been to 38 countries and just got back from Morocco. Where have you been and where would you like to go? I can tell a joke on just about any subject you can think of. I pride myself on it. Here's one to get the ball rolling;
why don't they have ice cubes in Ireland?
They lost the recipe.
Hahaha.
Before you say anything I am part Irish so anything I say comes from the heart.

hope to hear from you! 

You may have the best screen name I have ever seen  I always figured you could tell a lot about a person by their favorite cereal. What's yours and why? Mine lately has been those Quaker Oatmeal Squares. I swear they put crack in them. 

Peter 

How are you? I like your profile. You're very pretty and you hear that all the time, right? When is Nursing school over? I'm attending UVU, but taking a break from this semester. Are you into singing, dancing, painting, drawing or playing a musical instrument? Hope you're having a great day and Happy Halloween!
Joseph 

Hola,
yeah i work for West Valley City in community development. there wasn't a category for city planner so i figured that government was close enough.

I'm from Woods Cross, UT but I live with roommates out in SLC (by trolley square)

To be honest, I recently ended a long-term relationship that marriage didn't feel quite right. I want to get back into dating. It's kinda my top priority now. i love being a free, single bachelor but having a girl to enjoy life with....is much better.

How about you?? What brings you to online dating (that may be a bad questions  But I like the kind of person you are. And RM girls are totally fine!
Kevin 
And then a couple days later he wrote me again with:
So i was looking at the last message i sent you and thought, "wow what a terrible message." I know the old adage goes "no second chances at a first impression" but maybe I can redeem myself.

So i apologize for some of the lame questions i asked. And what i meant by "returned missionary girls are fine!" is that I find it very attractive girls who made the decision to serve a mission. They are under no pressure or obligation. It says alot of their character. 

And I do feel comfortable being who I am and I enjoy life no matter what....relationship/no relationship. I've realized that there is so much more in life to be experienced when you can do it with someone else. There is only so much I can learn alone and I can only progress so far.

With that said, I would still be interested in getting to know you, but either way....I wanted to share those thoughts.

Kevin 

This was my all-time favorite:
Hi there?? How is it going? Usually don't say this but I think you are so dang CUTE! So I got moved by your brief bio and decided to drop you a few sentences. I usually prefer starting off being friends and then we see where it takes us. To me true friendship will almost always end in excellent relationship. [Realized my profile picture is a little blurry so need to introduce myself to you a bit] My name is Richard, originally from Ghana but lived in Salt Lake City for 4.5 years for college. I graduated from Mining Engineering Fall '11 and am now working as a mining engineer in Steamboat Springs, CO. Have been living in Steamboat for about 5 months now and enjoying every bit of it. [There is a lot I could tell you about but won't want to bore you right now]. 

P.S. 
I love your smile. I am at a point in my life where I seem to have life figured out but needs that special someone to make it complete. If you think we can work on a long term relationship, please don't hesitate to let me know and we can start from there. I call Salt Lake home and make it out there every other weekend to visit friends and family. Thanks for the time and I hope to hear from you soon. 
SO funny. His profile "greeting" was even better, but he's off the site now, so I couldn't copy it. Bummer, ha.

Part of the "Art" phase (Nov 2012):
Ha ha, go Cougars!! And thank you  Hopefully I'm pretty normal ha ha. I've heard there are some weirdos on here though. I served in Moscow (not Moscow South or West). I guess I decided to do IS because I like business and I like technology. 
Have you ever listened to/watched Jim Gaffigan. Since you like Brian Regan I think you'll like him too. Look him up on youtube.
By the way, my name is Art. What's your name? 
More Art:
I don't think you really sounded loopy in your message. Sorry to disappoint but I'm not elderly or German lol.

No girls have offered me a long term relationship....yet ha ha. That message is absolutely ridiculous! He may be wrong about starting off in a long-term relationship but I think he got one thing right 

Mostly I've had a couple who are very persistent at IM-ing me and I don't really respond much. A couple I've chatted with turned out to be sketchy and said some things I won't mention here lol. 

Anyway, you seem pretty cool......so, I'd like to go out sometime if you don't think I'm a creeper ha ha  
More Art:
Well since you're so curious, one of them said she had done pretty much everything that you could do with a guy. I guess that was supposed to be a turn on. And another said she had been with 23 guys and wanted me to be number 24. Of course I said no, and then she said we could just make out and only do what I wanted to. I probably shouldn't have talked with them for so long, but I was curious what they were going to say. I never went out with them of course, lol. 

Other than that, girls on here have been pretty normal. 

How do you like the U so far btw? 
More Art:
Well, that one girl was just on here for bad purposes I guess. The other one I think maybe thought she had to be upfront about her past but was a little too revealing. Anyway, there are worse guys I'm sure. 

I like the U as well, as far as I've been able to experience it. Like you I've spent most of my time in one building so far on campus and Sandy campus (it's only one building). I was definitely more immersed in everything at the Y. But I do like it and have mad some friends and of course learned a few things ha ha. I should be finished possibly by the end of next year or April 2014 at the latest.

I'll get in touch with you sometime fairly soon. Although, it may be like a week or so. I've got finals coming up and I'm currently under the weather pretty bad. Have a great weekend 
So what is your favorite cereal? 
So common. But kind of a turnoff, cereal is not that exciting to talk about.
I also love cereal. Any fun plans this weekend?  
Howdy,

Merry Christmas!, I just wanted to say that plus Hi, and get to know you. If you are up for it. ha ha.

Whats your favorite flavor of cereal?

Brad 

I like your smile. Find me on facebook: Robert Verl Summes 
Hi how are you? You are cute do I look like your type of guy? If interested let's chat I am Josh 
Same guy as above:
Well my dream job would be to work for the state parks or for the forest service. But there are not that many openings so I might need to try and find another one ha ha. What about you? What's your name? What kind of guy you lookin for? 
First off gotta say, best name user name deal ever!! Ilovecereal!! I knew I had a RM before I had to look further. You do much shooting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment