Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Wes is still around.
So I texted Wes this morning and just told him, matter-of-factly, that I wouldn't be coming to Institute tonight after all, because we have a newly scheduled volleyball game. And that sorry if that ruined his crock pot plan (to bring it back to me). I wasn't really expecting much of a response out of that, I thought maybe he did prefer not to see me anyway, upon return of the crock pot (I had jokingly suggested this yesterday, expecting a reinforcing response, which I never got. Thus one of the things that lead to the conclusion that he was no longer interested). But then he texted me after my Institute class this afternoon (the class Maryn and I are in at the U) and was back to being fun and friendly and flirtatious in his response, and then said "What is your schedule like tomorrow?"
Tomorrow?!?!? Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!! So did he want to know because it's Valentine's Day? Or did he just want to know when he could bring the crock pot back?? I honestly didn't know. So (thankfully Maryn was with me this whole time, so she helped me through all this..) I just told him my schedule, of school all day and then possibly some TRAILS hours til early evening. So then later he texted back that he would be home later himself, and how would I feel about a late dinner tomorrow night?
What?? Now you're asking me out via text?? Not impressive. I was already on the verge of being hurt, and then frustrated at him, and now he does this. But of course I wanted to go, not like I was dying to be with him, because by now I had put up some walls a little bit. But I wasn't going to say no or anything. But I also certainly wasn't going to just let him get away with asking via text. And I was really surprised, he's actually been really good about using the phone and calling for dates.
I immediately called Maryn upon receiving his last text, and after talking to her a bit later (I had to leave a message at first), and with her seal of approval, I texted him back and said, "Yeah, that would be fun, but are you sure you want to ask that via text...? :)"
I wasn't sure how he would react to that, or if he would be annoyed.. but whatever. I didn't care. I want a guy who has enough respect and decency to call.
So about an hour or so later, he calls.
I said, "Well, hello."
And then he totally blew it off like he hadn't already asked me anything, saying, "What. What are you talking about? I didn't already ask you anything.." and that whoever texted me that question was some other guy, and I was like, "Oh, yeah, it must have been, I can't keep track.." And so he was like, "Yeah, he was an idiot, I mean who asks for a date over text?" So then he was like, "What are your plans tomorrow night?" And I said, "Well, some guy texted me about going to dinner, but I don't think that's going to happen, so yeah, I don't have any plans." Haha, so we kept going like this and he eventually asked me if I would like to go to dinner tomorrow night. It was great. The perfect reaction. He dug himself out of that hole pretty well, I must say.
So we're going out tomorrow, and I'm excited. Sort of. A little leary at this point, I feel like I'm just not built for this whole dating thing..the game, the rollercoaster. For this reason, I'm not really ecstatic about the whole principle of dating right now.
Why, you ask?
Because there I was, doing just fine, totally content with my life, really happy, actually, smooth sailing in life, busy with school, loving my friends, church, everything about life, my new goals and aspirations and progress on the guitar and piano, etc. etc.. And then WES shows up in my life and now I'm on this awful emotional rollercoaster, never knowing really what he's thinking, or what I'M feeling, and wondering what he thought about what I said and did and why he isn't texting me back for three hours. Where sometimes I can be myself, and sometimes I can't. And by default of the female brain, thinking way farther ahead than is healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment