Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Held hands, kissed, and I guess we're dating!

So wow, what a date last Saturday night! Most incredible night of my life thus far, I would have to say. As far as dating goes, anyway. I seriously felt like I was in a movie, at many times.

Wes picked me up and we headed over to his place. Even just on the way in the car he made comments making it clear he planned on continuing to see me in the future. It was cute (but I still wondered what the heck we were). Except the comment about his new jeans making his butt look really good, that was NOT cute..haha, geez.
We got to his place and started making dinner. Pretty soon, as he was standing there talking to me, as I was getting ready to cut up fruit, he said, "I haven't even hugged you yet.." And so then we hugged, for an extended period of time. It was nice. He just rubbed and basically explored my back, is what it felt like. Just hugged me really tight and rubbed all over my back. It was pretty intimate, I thought, for us having not kissed or held hands yet even. But I wasn't complaining. I just didn't really know what to do. I hugged him back of course, but I still didn't know what we were, frankly, so I didn't yet feel like I could be quite as affectionate back. At some point he said, "This is nice.." And I said, totally kidding of course, "Mm..it's okay.." And he was like, "Alright, that's it." And just totally dropped contact and went back to making dinner. I thought it was cute and funny. I laughed and said, "Just kidding!" But no going back that time, I had ruined the moment.. :) But that was fine, I just didn't know how to react to these things yet, without knowing what we were!

While I was cutting the avocado he came behind me and started massaging my shoulders, which was amazing. And at which point I became nearly dysfunctional, not able to continue cutting, ha. Then he leaned in close to me (these things I just really couldn't believe he was doing, it was amazing, I didn't know how to react!), and I wanted to reciprocate, so I leaned back against him, and we kind of stood there like that for a minute.

Later he hugged me again like that in the kitchen, and this time my heart was of course pounding, and I'm pretty sure he pointed out. I've kind of gotten used to the awkwardness of this, and this time I said, "Hm..I must be allergic to you..." It wasn't as funny as I thought. Ha.

At one point, as we got further into making dinner and him being adorable and touchy, he came close and we awkwardly ended up with him behind me and his arms around me, and we may have held hands like that..I can't remember. But he kind of rubbed my stomach, where his hands were, which was cute. And he leaned close to my face and kissed me on the side of my head, or face or something. It was adorable. Part of me wanted to just turn around and kiss him, but I was nervous to kiss him just yet in the night. I figured it would happen that night, but I wasn't ready yet. I kind of think he had a definite purpose in all this, to lead me up to kissing me. And it all sure worked! Haha :)

Anyway, so after we were done making dinner, we ate, and then we just sat there at the table and just chatted for a few minutes, and as I was telling him something, he started playing footsie with me, rubbing my feet with his. And I absolutely love that, I don't know why. I think it is extremely romantic. The only other guy I've done that with is Troy Stahle (Elder Stahle, ha), and it was so great then too! Better this time though, because I really like Wes and we are dating.

At a lull in conversation Wes asked if I wanted to watch a movie, so we picked "Greatest Game Ever Played" (after narrowing it down to that one and his beloved Chipmunks movie, that he just can't seem to get me to watch yet..haha. Actually, one of the main reasons I chose the golf movie over the Chipmunks was because the golf movie was quite a bit longer, and I really like cuddling, so longer was obviously better. :)

So we threw it on, sat back, and he immediately put his arm around me and went for my hand. He had both his arms around me, and subsequently had both my hands in his pretty quick. I was loving it, of course. So we just cuddled through the whole movie, and it was pretty dang great. I kept missing important parts, usually because I couldn't focus on a whole lot besides the guy that had his arms around me and was breathing fast for at least half the movie (cute). :)

After it was over, we just sat/layed there cuddling for a few minutes, and I was falling asleep on him. And then he asked me if I was falling asleep and he just wrapped me in his arms really close, so my face was like right in his chest/neck, and he smelled really good, which I pointed out. And we just hung out like that for a minute or two..I figured he was going to kiss me next, which he did. Well, so he kind of slowly brought his face down closer to mine, and kissed my forehead, or did something like unto that, that was cute, on the way down. I figured it was time to reciprocate and do my part, so i eventually looked up and lifted my head that way, and suddenly there were his lips! They were a lot closer to mine than I had thought (it was very dark), and suddenly we were kissing! It was weird, just like kissing Steve was totally weird at first, trying to figure each other's lips out, and get a rhythm going or whatever. That on top of me having old gum in my mouth, as well as being in kind of a weird position (my right arm was pinned against him, so only my left arm was free, it was kind of awkward. Oh, and I think I was basically craning my neck to kiss him, or something like that.), made it not amazing at first.. I remember thinking, "I remember this..that kissing is not all it's cracked up to be at first (haha)...yeah, this is weird and awkward and kind of gross..but I also remember it gets better, so just keep going.." Ha! And it did. We pretty soon readjusted and got in a better position on the couch, and I eventually got my arm out and swallowed my gum too, and then it got good after a bit.

So we kissed for a bit and then started talking a little in between kisses. One of the first things he said was, "Can I ask you a favor?" And I said yes, and he said, "Can you not tell Liz about any of this?" What??? I told him I didn't know if I could do that, and he kept asking me not to, and I asked why and he said she bugs him about stuff at work, but I just kept telling him he didn't understand, for she was one of my best friends, and there were a few of us that all keep tabs on each other, and she was one of them. I honestly didn't think I could agree to it. (Later, that night, I decided if I wanted to make things work, I needed to put him first, so in the end, the next day at church, I barely told her anything, but she didn't ask much, so it worked out). So then a minute later, after kissing more, I said, "Can I ask you a favor?" Yes. "Can I hear from you during the week?" To that he was like, "Ooh, I'm sorry..." He then began to tell me why he's been like that or what not, and that he'd been trying to decide. He'd been trying to decide between me and staying open. I told him that was fair, and that I wished I had known that, because I had started feeling like I was his weekend fling.. anyway, we talked about a bunch of good stuff (including that HE NEVER EVEN GOT THAT TEXT THAT WEEK THAT I HAD BEEN SO FRUSTRATED OVER HIS NON-RESPONSE TO!!! I couldn't believe it, because, even though I never wrote on here the next day, I was basically an emotional WRECK the next day, and he was the one that had set me off, with his non-response to my text. Like, to the point of tears throughout the whole day. And then he didn't even ever get the text, he pulled his phone out in between kissing, when I brought up the text, and we looked for it, and he was right, it wasn't there. Talk about embarrassment and a serious waste of energy), and basically established that we were dating, in fewer words. So we kissed and chatted in between for a while, and it was..amazing. Ok, it was amazing. It really was. I felt so connected to him. When Steve and I would kiss, we pretty much would only kiss, but that's all I knew. But I've always wanted to do the chatting in between kissing, I've thought it looked very..bonding? Romantic? I don't know, but Wes was really good at it, and it was so great! He would say cute things like, "I think my lips like your lips.." I mean, seriously, did I really live this?? He was adorable and it was an amazing night. And one of the best things was that we communicated and got things out on the table. Communication is huge for me, so that was good.

And he was really fun to kiss, let's be honest.

When he took me home, at like 2 am, our renter, Diane happened to be outside with Sky, taking the dog to the bathroom. Awkward. But besides that, he kissed me goodnight, for another few kisses, and it was cute again.

Anyway, those were the highlights of the night. It honestly was amazing, and if I don't marry him, it's going to be hard for any guy to top this night. I mean wow.

Things about the Night He Kissed Me that I want to remember:
-"I'm not wearing them (his new jeans) currently, but you'll see them in the future.."
-"They make my butt look really good." (oh geez, talk about awkward, and not a turn-on.)
-Me: who did you go shopping with? Wes: oh, just a friend in my ward.. (obviously a girl)..because you were busy. (so cute, he wanted me to go shopping with him..:) I liked that.)
-Wes being really touchy and adorable in the kitchen while we were making dinner
-He actually touched my bum while we were making dinner, I had said something, and he gave it a little light slap, ha! I was surprised, but not creeped out, surprisingly. It was actually kind of cute. :)
-Wes playing footsie with me while we were just chatting after we finished eating dinner. I love that.
-in between kisses, Wes rubbing his nose with mine, in a really cute, affectionate way.
-After initially kissing me for a minute or two, he pulled away slightly and said "Hi.." a couple times
-In between kisses, Wes asking, "Where have you been..?"
-"I think my lips like your lips.." "What makes you think that..?" "Just a hunch.."
-I told him (because he had asked something that led to this) that he was actually only the second guy I've kissed, and he was like, "How is that possible?" Which I felt flattered by, but didn't know exactly what he meant, and answered, "Because I've only kissed one other guy..." After a second he got my joke, and stopped and laughed pretty good. Haha
-"I'm not a committment phobe, but...you scare me.." (and I can't remember why he said I scare him! I think it had to do with feeling like something could happen, and being nervous about the future, but then saying it's not like we have to know right now.. and I said, "It's really easy to think way to far ahead way too fast." And he seemed to appreciate that I understood and had thought about the same things. I liked that a lot.
-Me: I've gone back and forth between being excited about this, and freaking out... Wes: That sounds familiar.. (Huh. Sounds like we've both been freaking out about this whole thing off and on, funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment