But first of all, he brought me flowers, a purple rose. I was way impressed! I was not expecting flowers. It was so sweet of him!
![]() |
| Wes did good :) |
He came and got me straight from going to the temple, so we stopped at his apt on the way to dinner so he could change.
Then we just went to dinner at this German restaurant out in Fort Union, called Bohemian Brewery and Grill. The food was actually really amazing! We both shared our food, partly because I ordered what he wanted, and he didn't want to order the same thing, ha. But it was fun to share food. :)
Then he took me home. He came in with me, to bring the crock pot home (that blasted crock pot is back now, safe and sound), and we chatted for a few minutes, he was looking at all the pictures on the fridge of all my siblings and their families. We had both talked about our siblings during dinner, so I was pointing out who was who. Definite points for being interested in my family.
Then, after talking about Peeps, which were on the counter, and roasting them, which he has surprisingly never done, but decided that he was too full to try it tonight, we hugged in the kitchen and said goodbye. Good hug again, and this time I didn't drag it out awkwardly. I'm learning. :)
Then we chatted for a minute at the door, and he left.
I had kind of wanted him to stay and hang out for a bit, I was even willing to watch a movie or something, but he had to work today, and I didn't want to suggest it for that reason, I figured he probably wanted to get home to bed. But after he left I wished I had said something, just offered at least and let him choose. So I texted him that I meant to offer if he wanted to stay and hang out for a bit, and sorry that I hadn't, but that he was welcome to, and thanks again for the night. He texted back not to worry, that he did need to get home to bed, because he had to get up early today, but that he would take me up on the offer another though. "That is if you offer again.." I told him there was a pretty good chance of it happening again.. but no response after that. Which kind of frustrates me! I mean, I didn't ask anything, but I put .. afterwards, indicating (I think) that a response would be welcome. And I felt like I was being flirtatious, so when I get no response back, it's like killing the little flame of interest that was getting bigger. Kind of ruins the moment, in a way, y'know?
But whatever, I'm trying not to worry about it. He's told me before that texting and phone talking are not his preferred way of communicating, he likes face-to-face best. But he's been good at texting me in the past..so I don't know. I don't know about this boy.
But the date was good, and he has indicated, in more than one way, that he would like to continue doing things. But no, "I'll call you tomorrow" or "what are you doing the rest of this weekend?" or anything, so I don't know. I think he wasn't kidding the other night when he told me he's a slow mover. I think I just may need to have a lot of patience with this one.
I'm going to Provo tonight to Joylyn's bachelorette party, and I think I may call him on my way back and see if he wants to go get ice cream or something.

No comments:
Post a Comment