When I went to shadow the first time I was SOOO nervous. More nervous than I have been for anything in a long time. It was like unto starting a new job, but worse I think (the nervousness). And I thought it would just drag b/c I knew I would just be watching the whole time, but it didn't!!! It actually went by so fast, and it was so fascinating to watch the whole time! Even with the PA, her name is Natalie Ellis, she is bilingual so she gets all the hispanic patients, so with her I didn't really know what was going on or being said half the time, but I was still so enthralled with watching her work and interact with her patients. And I thought, "that's what I want to do."
Shadowing Brad Anderson was really neat because I knew him already, and he is such a great person, and a fantastic pediatrician. He is so gentle and kind and is so great with kids. He is very knowledgeable and very good with children. And he was so friendly to me and he even would often let me look in the ear-scope (I don't know what it is called), in the magnifying part, especially when there was something unusual. Once or twice I got to see tubes in a child's ears, that was really neat to see.
Anyway, this PA school application process is getting really overwhelming to me again, but I keep thinking back on my shadowing experience so far and remember how much I have loved watching them, and how much I would love to do what I've seen them do.
No comments:
Post a Comment