This past week was one of the craziest, and most stressful (at times) weeks I've had in a long time, I feel like. So many crazy things happened! To list:
-the hot water heater next to my room, for the apts, started leaking Monday morning, so my room flooded.
-Monday evening I accidentally pulled my computer onto the floor, and thankfully it worked the rest of the evening, but wouldn't the next day. I would say it "crashed." Ha, literally. To the floor. It's maybe funny now, but definitely not when it stopped working. Stressful.
-Tues I also received a message/email from the guy "J_F_K", Josh, on ldssingles.com, which I had been anticipating for days. That was right before I took my computer in to be fixed, so I was excited to see his reply, assuming it would be a bright spot in my day. It wasn't. He made me so mad! The way he responded to my response/message, made me feel like I didn't know anything, and like I was totally inferior to him. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, but a lot of information he informed me of, about nursing and other things, I already knew, or I did not need or want to hear then. I felt like he was my parent or something. Totally ticked me off (not to mention I had no desire to write him back anymore).
-Then I took my disfunctioning computer to PC Laptops Tues evening, at the referral of Steve (he said he trusts them), and on the phone one guy was really helpful, but when I actually took it there, the kid that helped me in the store was so frustrating to me because he kept trying to sell me a computer. I didn't want a new computer! I wanted mine to be fixed! That day was one of my "emotional" days, and he was the one who set me off (actually it was probably first the dumb message from J_F_K). So I was frustrated at him (the PC Laptops kid), and then at everyone and everything else in the world the rest of the night, including drivers on the road on my way home, everyone.
-Wed I had to give my presentation for clinicals on the patient of my choice. That was stressful in and of itself because David, our clinical instructor, is so..strict (I could say anal) about it, and will throw things at you while presenting that you better know, or it's "minus 2 points." Makes it really stressful. So I was stressed working on that the first half of the week, up until I was finished giving it in post-conference with our group on Wed. afternoon.
-What else..oh, got a flu shot Wed. after clinicals and I woke up sick thurs morning. So after I finished my patho lecture and the quiz that was due that morning before class, I got in the shower (in Mom and Dad's, mine still wasn't working well), and I felt so weak and achey, I was extremely tired, plus since I wouldn't have my computer to keep me awake through class, I thought there wasn't much point in going. I would just be miserable and struggle to stay awake the whole three hours anyway. So I ate some breakfast, started my makeup, dried my hair, and went back to bed. I slept for a couple hours, and felt a little better. I went to my afternoon class (Health Policy), and later that afternoon I felt pretty back to normal. It was really weird, I've never gotten sick from a flu shot. I think I did because I was immunocompromised: lacking sleep, had been stressed all week, etc.
The week wasn't all bad, however. The great parts of the week included:
-Seeing In The Heights Wed. evening with Jamie, her brother Mark, and his date, at Pioneer Memorial Theater at the U. I got Jamie and I free tickets because I'm a student (totally great, just found out about this deal), and Sister Garff in our ward offered my mom two tickets to it the night before, for the same night we were going, so Jamie's brother came and brought a date. I loved the show. It's a broadway actually, a pretty new one, and it's a lot of fun. The music was AMAZING. So fun and catchy, and the performers had pheonomenal voices. There was a good amount of swearing in it, and a little bit of on-the-risque-side of dancing. So those were the bummers. The next day Jamie dropped off a burned copy of the soundtrack, and I'm so addicted! I love the music! Some of the songs do have swearing, and I normally do NOT listen to music with swearing, because the lines with swear words get stuck in my head. So it's kind of a moral dilemma with this music..it's SO good and so fun, but... so what to do..
-Lamp of Learning was Thurs night. This was for nursing school, where we got to bring our family and show them the simulation lab in the nursing building, and then there was a pin ceremony afterwards where we were given our nursing pins and basically welcomed into the profession of nursing. And there was really good food after. Mom and Dad came to it all, and I was really glad. It was fun for them to be able to see where I went to school and meet some of my friends and faculty, and see some of what I've been doing and telling them about.
-On Sat. I finally got a filing system going for Mom and Dad and cleared off a bunch of the stuff that is constantly piling up on the counter! This probably seems silly that this was a highlight, but the clutter that is constantly in the kitchen (and other places, but worst in the kitchen, plus it's always in our faces being right there) drives me CRAZY! I finally came up with an idea (probably inspiration) that seemed like would work, and so far it has! And mom and dad are happy with it too. Again, this seems silly, but having that counter so much cleaner seriously decreases some anxiety. I feel like I can actually function in the kitchen and don't feel totally caved in.
-On Sat., a guy called from PC Laptops, telling me that he had started working on my computer, and that he would continue to work on it through the afternoon, and back again Monday morning. One of the first things he said to me was, "I fixed it!" I was like, "Really?! How??" "Well, there was this sticker on your computer...so I took it off, and it started working again..!" I have a BYU sticker on my computer, that I love, and he was totally bashing on BYU. I was like, "Oh my gooosh.." And it wasn't too long before I started with the comebacks. He liked that, found me pretty hilarious, actually, and at one point, after cracking up at one of my comebacks, said, "I can't wait to meet you in person!" I loved THAT. :)
Anyway, loooong story short, he called back like 20 or 30 min later and it was done! Lots quicker than he expected, and nothing was lost!!!! My computer was completely back to normal!!! I was THRILLED!! Nothing short of a miracle, if you ask me. But on the phone, after telling me it was fixed, he said, "But I do have some bad news." So I asked what, nervous. And he said, "You listen to Amy Grant and One Direction." Haha, he was looking at my music list on Spotify, that just automatically pops up. So then he continued to list other artists on there, and totally bashed my musical selections. I joked around back, and we were both laughing. After a bit more bashing on BYU and my sticker, and trying to sell me a couple more things (but not in an annoying way, thank goodness) he said that yes, I could come get my computer, and that his name was Moss (yes, Moss). So I went and changed real quick, fixed my makeup, put deoderant and spray on, and ran to get it so I could get back to watch the RS broadcast.
Another long story short (I need to go to bed), we joked around more, about BYU and what not, I actually gave him a BYU silly band (from my BYUSA days and True Blue Tuesdays) that we had laying around, as a token of my appreciation, and he loved that of course. :) Actually, I mostly loved his reaction. So after installing some more updates (I swear he waited to do that until I got there, to keep me there longer, which, if that was true, I was kind of flattered and didn't mind to much:) and fiddeling around with my computer, explaining some more things he did, it was time to pay and leave. As he was ringing me up and sending me on my way, he kept flirting and joking around with me. I was loving it. Then when I had paid, he gave me his card, which said "Moss," and I asked him the story of how he got that nickname. He told me, it was from when he was in the Marines; then as I was leaving, he was like, "I'll probably see you up there [at the U], I go there too." It had come out that I was now at the U. Then I asked him what he was studying, etc. So he came to the doorway, where I was, and we chatted for another minute. He had done art for undergrad, and was now getting his master's in A(something)E. Which stood for Art something Engineering. Basically a masters in producing video games. Huh. Interesting. Kind of funny to me. But cool, I guess. I then asked him, "So you're a gamer." He said yes. This usually is an immediate turnoff, but he's getting his masters in it. More impressive than your typical gamer. And he was wearing good shoes; most gamers often wear skater shoes, which are also a huge turn off for me. But he was wearing a type of shoe that I actually really like.
Anyway, by the time I left he had totally made my day. It had been sooooo long since I had felt attractive, appealing, desirable by a guy. And it felt SO good. And I would not mind doing something with him. So I used his card and sent him an email today. Partly funny, I attached a picture of One Direction as another token of my appreciation, haha. But then I also really wanted to really thank him, for my relief and joy that I had my computer back, without any data lost, was immeasurable. I was SO SO grateful that he was able to fix it. So at the end I said, "I know I don't really know you, but if I could do anything in return, let me know." I feel like that left the door pretty open, if he was interested in doing anything with me. So we'll see.
But honestly, if for no other reason, I'm grateful that my computer broke because of that experience with Moss. It was such a tender mercy of Heavenly Father, how Moss made me feel (attractive, appealing, etc.). I needed that so badly. So if I never see Moss again, I am so grateful to have at least had that interaction with him, and for how good he made me feel with the attention he gave me. That was definitely a highlight of my week. :)
And I also know that how things turned out so great with my computer, not having lost any data or anything, and not even having to buy a new hard drive or anything, was major answer to prayer. To many prayers. I know that that miracle was straight from my Father in Heaven, that He heard me and answered my prayers in such an amazing way because He cares so much about me and about what I care about. How blessed I am to have a Father like that.
Alright, got to go to bed. Here goes to another week...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment