So as far as other things in my life, life is good. I'm 4 weeks into my 2nd semester of nursing school, and I am loving this semester way more than last. We started clinicals on week 2, and I (we all were) was totally scared out of my mind. But it has been so great! So fun! I love it, and I finally am excited again to be a nurse! Which is big, since by the end of last semester I was wondering what I was doing, and didn't think I wanted to be a nurse anymore. So this semester and new excitement about nursing is very encouraging, to say the least.
I've given shots, pulled out IVs, pulled out a catheter, given meds, started IV pumps, watched dialysis, watched a central line started (by the PICC team), watched a paracentesis. It's been pretty cool so far. And watching some of those things, I've learned I don't actually love to do. It's cool to see how the procedure is done, but seeing someone get stuck with fairly large needles, and especially if they are visibly in pain, makes me start to get a little light. I could perform those tasks without getting light-headed I think, but watching them, I've decided, is not something I love. I kind of hope that goes away eventually though.
I'm at the U of U hospital, and I've been in AIM-A and AIM-B so far, and have been pretty lucky to get put with pretty good nurses so far. Some I've loved more than others, but overall, I've gotten pretty lucky. My favorite has been Portia in AIM-A on my 2nd week of clinicals, and I really like her name.
My ward is still great. Mostly because of the girls. We have awesome girls in this ward, and I still feel so blessed to have made such great friends already. The RS president was moving, so the RS presidency all got changed a few weeks ago, and I was called as Jamie's 2nd counselor. I was thrilled to receive the calling, mostly because I was so worried they were going to ask me to be RS pres. And I of course would have said yes, but that would have been so stressful right now. But I was also excited because I love Jamie, and knew she would be so great, and I was excited to still be working with her. And it's been a lot of fun! Brittany Berg is the 1st counselor, and hilarious Emily Gillespie is the secretary. We have a lot of fun.
So yeah, I'm not dating anyone, still, ever, and often that doesn't get to me too much. But I do have my days when my singleness is really frustrating. And last week and weekend were some of those days. I have been feeling so undatable, so unattractive to guys, like I wasn't even appealing at all upon first meeting a guy. Which may actually be true. I've never been one of those girls to catch a guy's attention upon first meeting. They have to get to know me to like me. Which in some ways is flattering, but in some ways, stinks. It makes me feel totally unattractive. But the past couple days I've felt better about things in that arena. Partly because of these small positive occurances regarding David Hall, and also because of my little crush on Casey at TRAILS. And since I just mentioned that, I'll quickly tell about it.
So I was waiting at the bus/shuttle stop outside the hospital with Elisa, after our clinicals, and my shuttle came, and I wanted to finish saying what I was saying to Elisa, and thought I had time, so then I got up to walk toward it, saw Casey, who had just gotten off, said hi, and then the shuttle started leaving! So I started running to it to flag it down, but to no avail. However, that was a blessing in disguise, because then I headed back to where Elisa was, and Casey had watched this, so I jokingly called to him, "Why didn't you hold the bus?" He walked back toward me, and started chatting with me. He initiated the conversation mostly, it was so great. He asked me how school was and such, and I asked him about school too. We stood there and chatted for a good five minutes or so. He is a good conversationalist (hallelujah! Finally, someone!), and he's really easy to talk to. We have similar senses of humor, and we think similarly, it seems. He uses his time really well, and is a hard worker, I can tell. And if I remember right, he wants to go to med school. Really great kid, he seems. Only thing is that I'm pretty sure he's not a member. But that can be fixed, right? :)
Anyway, it was really fun to talk to him, mostly because I actually felt like he was wanting to talk to me. Which doesn't happen often, if ever. Especially lately. He makes me feel attractive, appealing. He's really nice. And I really liked how he was dressed. At least of what I noticed: shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops. At the end of our convo he asked if I was going to be at cycling tomorrow (today), and I said yes. Then we said bye and I was totally happy.
So I went to outdoor hand cycling today for TRAILS, and was excited to see him. TRAILS was fun today, I feel like I am becoming better and better friends with Natalie, Quoi, Casey, and others who run it and are always there. But especially those three. After I got there, I sat on the wood ramp thing on the trailer that Casey and Quoi were both on. Everyone was just chilling because there wasn't anything to do at the time. But right after I sat down (above Quoi and Casey), the three of us started chatting, and Casey promptly scooted up the ramp closer to me, as we kept chatting. I loved that, I was totally flattered.
I think he is 24. Not positive, but I'm hoping that's true. Because if not, he's not older, so he's younger.
So those are my two current interests. Two totally different guys, ha. But now you have it. I have officially confessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment