Sunday, September 16, 2012

Will I be single forever?

I am feeling pretty bummed about boys.
I'm kind of done trying anything with David for now. So he didn't end up coming to run the Color Run 5k after all. Said he was too overloaded with school. Which I can totally understand. And the run was still a lot of fun, and I ended up running the whole thing except for a minute while I walked with Cheryl. But it was a lot of fun, and it was really encouraging that I was able to run so much of it. Also that my knee didn't bother me like I was worried it might.

And I dunno, David hasn't been super conversational through our facebook thread, so I'm just going to let things be with him for now. Kind of a bummer though, he's so awesome.

Still got Casey on the brain some, but still a bummer that he's not a member.

My home teachers are Dave Alder and Rob (not sure last name). They are way awesome, I totally lucked out with home teachers. Dave was one of my top three interests when I was first in the ward. He's tall, a good size, really nice, athletic, fun. But then my friend, Nichole Gallinger, started liking him, and they've gone out some. So then there there wasn't really any point in having interest in him, in fact I couldn't anymore. And that was fine, they seemed like they would go great together, so no big deal.
But it's been a couple months or so, and they aren't dating, but she still really really likes him. She has recently had a talk with him and told him she liked him, and he basically said he had an old girlfriend he couldn't let go of, or something. So timing (with Nichole) was bad right now. She just told me this today. So I feel like that means that he does like her (Nichole), it's just bad timing, like he said.
So I've been really good about not being interested in him, because she has been, but now that my other interests, or options, are kind of dwindling (David, Nick, etc), I have found myself thinking of him more. They came and home taught me today, and I love when they do! I feel like the three of us have so much fun talking and laughing! And most of the time it's just Dave and I talking, and I feel like we could just talk and laugh for hours. Both times they've come so far, they've had something else to get to, so time is cut short, but it feels like we could keep talking for a while. He's really great though. I think he's 27 or so, went to Utah State, got a masters in accounting, has a good job auditing for Questar (I think), he's totally active in the Gospel and the Church (sometimes hard to come by these days), does his home teaching, he's pretty solid.
And being my home teacher (and actually attractive to me), I am so reminded of Steve by this situation. I have been thinking about him, and the beginnings of our relationship, a lot this weekend.  And I confess, I would love for that same thing to happen with Dave. It's not looking like it will right now, and I can't like him anyway. So it's kind of a lose-lose I feel like.

But I just so want a boy. Today, more than some days, I was just craving so badly having a guy, and feeling liked and wanted and held. I so miss being held and touched. I so miss Steve on days like this for that reason.

And lately I have been feeling so unattractive, at least to boys. Girls will tell me that I am so cute an look so pretty, and really nice things like that. But I sure don't feel like I make guys turn heads. And granted, I know I'm not drop dead gorgeous or anything. But some days I feel like I'm never going to date again or get any guy's attention (at least any guy that I would like to) to date him.

No comments:

Post a Comment