Thursday, September 13, 2012

David saga, continued, including Amy meets David!

So yeah, so the other day I got on his fb page, I guess to see if there was anything new, and noticed that he had recently signed up/joined the team for the 5k for Luann Kennington, which I had also been invited to join a while ago, but had decided not to run it because it is an expensive race ($40)! So I saw that he was running it, which made me happy about two things: 1) I didn't have to try to decide whether or not to hike Timp this weekend, merely so I could invite him, and 2) I could run this race instead, and see him there!
So I basically decided to run the race, and clearly made it sound like I had no idea he was running it when I signed up. Ha. Is that total dishonesty...?
So hopefully I'll see him on Sat., because he is, yet again, the only reason I paid a whopping $43 (fee included, of course) for the race!

And here's another thing: tonight, I got a text from my dearest Amy Brown (who is home from Jeru!), who I have told all about my obsession with this David Hall, who is now down there in Provo, etc., etc. And I told her, jokingly, to keep an eye out for him.
So anyway, totally out of the blue tonight, she texts me and says that she and Allison were at a grad BBQ tonight and ended up in line right in front of a David Hall that worked in Salt Lake! Hahaha! What are the odds of THAT?? She said that when she mentioned my name he lit up and said he was going to go hiking with me, etc. Her exact text (2nd one) was this:

"Hahaha, sooo crazy. When I said i'd keep an eye out for him i didn't think my odds were so good. Um, i so approve. And I brought up your name and he totally lit up and then told me how you guys were going to go hike and he was busy...all news to me! ;) and I checked out his shoes, just for you. Casual white nikes. Yes, I most definitely approve and no he def didn't get our #'s you goose :) but I totes can see u guys together and i love it!!!"

Aaaaa! He lit up! I couldn't contain my excitement and had questions that needed detailed answers, so I called her. She was in the library, so she walked out so we could talk, bless her.
Anyway, so funny. Don't you think that's got to be a sign? I mean, for him to meet her, when I've already told her all about him, and that I basically want to marry him..? We both thought so.:)
But in reality, I really hope something can happen, or at least that we can continue to keep in contact and become better friends, even if it is slow.
How funny is that though?? I just can't get over that they met, and that she asked if he knew me, and his reaction. Ha!

More updates to come. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment