August 31David Peter Hall Aug 31- That sounds like a blast! I don't know if I can make it though. What is the timeline for the trip? I agreed to a blind date tonight... bu maybe I can join you after.
August 31Melissa Gurr Aug 31- Hm..good luck with the blind date. As far as timeline, so we were planning on meeting up Provo Canyon to start around 5:30, hike up to Emerald Lake (more than half way, I think), camp/sleep there, get to the top by sunrise, and then we'd be back down in the morning around 10ish. But I just got bad news that the guy planning the trip is sick and apparently it's supposed to rain/storm tonight too. So I'm waiting to hear if we're still going at all. I'll let you know.
August 31David Peter Hall Aug 31- Okay, well it doesn't sound like it would work for me... but thanks for the invite, I love that kind of stuff. Have a great time if you go!
David
September 3Melissa Gurr Sept 3- So we did end up going, and it actually turned into kind of a nightmare, ha. So don't be too sad that you weren't able to come. A different group of friends and I may go again in a couple weeks though, so I'll let you know if we do.
How'd the blind date go?
September 3David Peter Hall Sept 3- Yeah let me know for sure. The blind date was good. Funny story about that, I went on a blind date Friday night AND Saturday night. And to make a long story short, it turned out that the two girls I was set up with are roommates. And in my ward. How's that for coincidence?
September 3Melissa Gurr Sept 3- Oh, that is hilarious. Yeah, what are the odds? I'm assuming it was two different people that set you up then. How funny. So, was one better company than the other? And are you going to be a source of contention between the two roommates now? That is the question.
- And are you also their home teacher?
David Peter Hall Sept 3- I am going to try to get them for home teaching, but we will see. ha ha. I don't think it will be a source of contention. I don't plan on asking either of them out again.
49 minutes agoMelissa Gurr TODAY--Sept 9, 2012- So you've probably already assumed this, but just to let you know, we are not hiking Timp again this weekend after all.
But I saw that you are running the 5k for Luann on Saturday too! How do you know the Kenningtons? Were you in the ward when he was still in the bishopric?
So that's where we're at with that. But yesterday Liz in the ward posted about some job openings on the ward fb page, and David (though he's not actually in the ward anymore) made a funny comment, so I "liked" it (after some consideration of not, for fear he might think I was totally into him or something...). And then after more consideration on not, I commented as well, referencing his comment, hoping that anyone would think my comment was funny.
To my great and utter surprise and joy, not thirty min or so later, someone had already "liked" my comment, and IT WAS DAVID!!! "David Peter Hall likes this" it said. I was giddy. Because not only does that mean he doesn't think I'm creepy (at least I feel like I can assume that), but he LIKED my comment too! Which, again assuming, means he thought it was funny! I hope.
Anyway, I'm sure I sound like a desperate, obsessed little girl, but it's just that I've been hoping for something with him for so long, that I feel like, ever so slowly, we are becoming better acquainted.
At least my hope hasn't totally been put out.
No comments:
Post a Comment