Monday, July 16, 2012

My email to Amy--updates: TX, pharm tests, end of semester, my social attendings, 3 guys of interest

Okay, so really sorry this time that it took me so long. I guess we should both stop apologizing, since we're both obviously busy, and it just happens, ha. But in response to yours, you are FINE!!! I wasn't offended even for a second ever, just wondered if you were okay after a while. I figured you were, but just had to make sure.:) But seriously, don't feel bad, I didn't, so no worries at all. Don't let emailing me stress you out.

I'm so happy that you are so happy! I can only imagine you are having the most amazing time of your life! That is ironic about your roommate, Natalie, and that boy that you liked. Bummer too. But that other kid sounds great! When I first read your email a couple weeks ago I immediately looked Mr. Grover up, and his privacy settings are unfortunately about as private as they get, but he looks great from what I could tell from his profile pic... :) What else has been going on with him?? Are you secretly dating under the table? If he's lucky, you are. Update me on this, please.

Oh, and I'm so sorry about all your health issues! That totally stinks!! But that's also really neat about the blessing and how you've been able to do everything. Thanks for sharing that with me. I'm always amazed at how much my testimony is strengthened through priesthood blessings and the reality of them.

That first Pharm test went really well actually, got a 93. But then the second one not so much, ha. There was about double the amount of info to know on it, maybe more, and I tried a different study technique. So between the two factors, I kind of bombed, ha. 73. But it's okay, I haven't really been worried about it, it was a good learning experience, not to study that way again, and I'm already in nursing school, so I'm not so so worried about grades as much as I have had to be in the past. Don't get me wrong, I still definitely work hard and like to do well, but I'm just not stressed about it. I feel good about the next one going much better though.

My weekend in TX was so fun!! The drive down took about 30 hours, it was kind of crazy, an adventure, but totally worth it. It was SO good to hang out with my siblings and whole family, even if it was only for about a day and a half. I feel like as I get older, the importance of family and keeping family relationships strong becomes greater and greater. We arrived at the beach house at about 10 or 11 pm on Friday night, stayed up for a while eating cereal and chatting with my siblings, then hung out on the beach most of the next day (Sat.), went to church down there on Sunday, I packed up, we had dinner, and three of my siblings drove me to the airport in Houston (an hour north), and I flew home. So it was a pretty short trip, but I was so glad I did it. Then I was home alone for the next almost week, which was weird at first, but then it was really nice to have the house to myself.

And to answer your question about school, yeah, I've been able to get more into a groove and organize my time better, partly by prioritizing homework, and having figured out what we really need to do, and what homework we can get by without doing. I've also had a better balance in my life, specifically socially. My ward has multiple activities to go to each week basically, and for a while I didn't hardly go to anything because I felt like I didn't have time. But I made a goal to go to one thing each week. And I've decided I need that. I need sociality in my life, for my sanity and happiness. I've realized even more than I knew before (I've told you some about this) how social I am and how important the social aspect in life is to me, to have positive social interaction. And I love my ward, I'm getting to know more and more people, and making some good friends, it's fun. I feel very blessed to be in this ward. And there are now (as of tonight) three guys I am interested in getting to know. I think that's pretty good. :)

Speaking of guys, no, I am not dating anyone of course, but I went on the first date I've been on in more than two months, since moving up here, last Thursday! Ha. And it was actually really really fun. It was with this kid I actually went to high school with, Steven Davis. You actually might know one of his siblings, John, or Johnny, they call him. Anyway, it's kind of a long story how this came about, but we were basically set up. I thought it was going to be awkward, mostly because I had just seen him at this pool party, totally randomly, the week before, and we had chatted, caught up (hadn't seen each other since high school--7 years), and it was fun to talk to him, but he definitely didn't ask me out there, and then his sister-in-law, who is one of my good friends from my home ward growing up, set us up. So that was kind of funny. But it wasn't awkward at all, he is an awesome guy, and I would really love to hang out with him some more. But haven't heard from him yet, so not really planning on it. THAT is the story of my life: no second dates. But oh, well. We move on.

So we only have less than three weeks left in our semester, which is CRAZY! I am very grateful too, I (along with my classmates) am getting burned out of this semester. We're all ready to be done with it. But then that means clinicals is next, which I'm basically terrified for. I feel like I don't know anything, and we're going to be in real hospitals touching and working with real patients. Aaaa! My assignment is at the U of U hospital on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and then we just have class on Thursdays next semester, so that will be nice. But holy moly I'm nervous about clinicals.

And your country music question--there actually is some good new (I think new, newish at least) music as of late. I'm loving it. Also, have you heard of the band One Direction? They are this boy band from England, and they are like one of my new favorites! Not country, but just fun, cute music, you would love them. Also, I just discovered Hunter Hayes. He's country, and I really like his music. I think you would too. He sings "Storm Warning," maybe you've heard it. It's great. :)  PS, sometimes when I hear The Band Perry songs or Taylor Swift, I think of you and our jam sessions...so fun.:)

Anyway, hope you are still so happy! And when exactly to you come back? I'm guessing the middle of August, that is about when my friend got back last summer it seems... 

Send me an update when you can, but no worries, no rush! 
Love you!
Melissa

PS. I'm totally jealous you got to ride a camel! How was it?? And I am NOT jealous of the heat you are having. Holy moly, that sounds hotter than heck. I am so sorry. I should be worried more that you will over heat to death, not about getting mauled by camels...! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment