I've done it again. I am a chicken.
I went to FHE tonight, for the 2nd time, because, well, because I could, I actually had the time. It was a combined FHE BBQ with another random singles ward.
Our friend David Hall was there, and I had TWO opportunities (well, one definitely, and I could have made the other one into one if I really wanted to) to talk to him, or at least say hi, and did I. NOOOOO. I did not. I chickened out. I talked to just about everyone else around me throughout the night, but I couldn't even say hi to him. I'M SO PATHETIC. It's pathetic how pathetic this is. That I am. I mean really. Since he's a guy, he probably doesn't notice or think anything of how I talk to everyone around me but him. But if he weren't, I would say he probably wonders if I don't like him or something.
Ugh.
My new goal: next time I get the chance, to say hi.
Oh, we were on the same team for "Goofball," and I cheered for him once when he was up to kick. I was like, "Go David!" So maybe that's something?
So sad. So sad I am.
I pray for these opportunities, and then they come, and then I do nothing. It's getting ridiculous.
On a happier note though, I got to chat with a few great people. I ran into a girl from high school, Shelly Urrey (I think), and she immediately said hi to me, and thankfully I remembered her name. We chatted for a few min, that was fun.
I talked to Darren Haymond for a while while we were in line for food. And then I sat by Laura and Jamie and Candace in the ward and chatted with them. I chatted with Laura for a while, she is 29 and so fun to talk to. She's really smart and just a great girl. Then Jamie and I chatted for a bit, and then she and I and Wendy went to check out this "Goofball." It was actually pretty fun. It's like kickball but there's five bases, they are in a different order, and you can have more than one person on a base. When I would get up to base Brother White, and the Bishop once, would be like, "Go, Gurr!" I loved it. I love being called by my last name.:)
Anyway, I best get to doing my patient charting on SimChart, that was due an hour and a half ago...oh well. (I was having too much fun at the BBQ, I couldn't leave! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment