You are the best. It is so good to get your emails, they make me feel like I'm having a good talk with you (kind of, the real deal is kind of irreplaceable though). So so good to hear about things though.
I am so happy that you are liking the program. There are about 8 girls in our group who are nursing students and I would just like to say that I would prefer you to be my nurse the most, just saying. I'm sure they will be great, but you are going to be the BEST!. I love the advice your teacher gave you about life events, it is good to only have one of those at a time. Good advice. Oh well, dating will just have to be second! I will say though that I have been told you find love when your not looking for it, so just watch out because it just might find you from behind or around a corner, perhaps across from a med student? I loved what you said about having less competition for those med students, so funny, so attractive! What a great environment! But I am sure you are so so busy, you sound so so busy. It sounds like physics on steroids. I've heard pharm classes are really hard, so much to memorize. But if any one can do it Meliss, it's you! I know that! Really, I feel like from everything you told me about when you were in my classes, as i was weeping and fretting and you were comforting me..those days :), that you are such a good student, much better than I am. So I have no doubts that you are doing well and will thrive.
I hope you are able to find lots of good friends in your ward, so glad to hear that the prospects are good. And I loved what you said about finding friends in life/being blessed with friends in your life. You were certainly that for me this past year (and will be FOREVER! :)) but I feel so strongly that the Lord put you into my life right when I needed you, you have changed my life forever. A little while ago I was having a good bout of homesickness and just having a hard time adjusting and feeling pretty friendless. I was rather down. And I started thinking about last semester and how good things were and how much fun we had and I came to a pretty simple conclusion that really changed things for me. That conclusion was that, Amy, you don't have Melissa here. Dang it. Which means i don't really have a friend a round with whom I always laugh and feel like i can be my total self. (this is when I got really sad). But then i decided I would have to try to be a Melissa to others. To be someone who others feel like they can be themselves, that they are accepted, who freely laughs and validates and lifts others. So that is what I am trying to do, trying to be like you. You're kind of harrd to be like, cus your pretty amazing, but i am trying. You set such a good example for me Melissa and I am so grateful for your example and your friendship. I wanted you to know that.
I'm sorry to hear about your Mom being sick, I hope she gets feeling well soon! Back surgery can really put you out though, that's a tough one. I'm glad things are good at home overall. It is nice to have one of your parents at understand how you feel, I hope she is able to monitor your Dad's doting and so you are more comfortable. Cus I can't imagine how nice it is to not being writin them rent checks, mmm.
So right now I have this nasty sinus infection and nasty business and last night i watched Annie Get Your Gun. Oh my goodness. WATCH IT! when you have time...oh wait, which is never, but! if somehow you come up with 107 minutes of free time, it is sooo good and sooo cute. It's classic broadway cheese but i just thought the songs were fun and its cowgirlly and you just mighht like it :). it would be a good break form nursing stuffs.
things are good over here, I am feeling less homesick and able to focus on stuff (minus the sinus infection/cold). We are going to a holocaust museum on Monday and I am really anticipating the visit. My favorite thing is just walking around the old city and seeing the old stuff. Everything is so old. old old old. and important to someone. last night we had a forum address and the man commented on how the general view of the HOly Land is that its the size of TExas or Alaska or something and why can't there be room for everyone? Well, it's not that big, its really small actually, which i certainly didn't understand till i got here, and the Christians and Jews and Muslims are really just stepping on each others toes everywhere, they are so tightly layered into the land. IT's remarkable! And what's also remarkable ist hat for the most part they are peaceful. There's just some people who don't get it and make a mess for everyone. I keep getting told "It's complicated" and I've now been given enough explanations that I am most comfortable with the phrase "It's compoicated". it's the best way to put it, haha. the food is okay. i eat better than i did in Provo, that's for sure, but some of it is not the best in the stomachh, but things are getting better haha :) It's just a big adventure. Making me stretch for sure, and that's why I'm here I guess :).
The center has a couple guitars and whenever i have a jam session i always miss ours!!!
Anyways, thank you so much for your email. It made me soo happy. so so good to hear from you. Good luck this week in school! hope your saturday is more free and you are able to have some fun. You are truly the best and I miss you tons.
Talk to ya soon
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment