Monday, May 28, 2012

I love Dixie Bergeson

I just now got off the phone with Dixie. Sweet Dixie. She is Dean's wife, and I love her so much. She is definitely a talker, but I could sit and talk with her for hours I think. We get along really well. I was on the phone with her for about an hour just now. I called her on my way to Kohl's, to catch the end of the Memorial Day sale today, and I talked with her through choosing a pair of shoes, through the checkout (which I hate doing, being on the phone at the checkout--at least I have hated it when customers were when I worked in retail--but I didn't have the heart to tell her I had to go, so I just apologized to the clerk..and it was a quick purchase), while driving home, and then for another good thirty min or so since I got home. It was so good to talk to her. We laughed together, cried together, she told me about her cruise and about her last days with Dean; about Greg, their son's struggles with it, and LynAnn's. I have been doing much better today with it, after an emotional day yesterday; then Dixie got me crying again while I was deciding on shoes at Kohl's. But I wanted to cry with her, so that was good, really.
I think I will call her often, or at least semi-regularly. I just love her, she's kind of like a grandma to me, but also like a friend. She is so sweet, and asked all about nursing school, and any new gentlemen in my life... I told her that no one is working so hard on getting me married now, since Dean is gone, and then she said that he's probably working even harder now on it, now that he can walk and see, etc. That cracked me up and we were both laughing about it. I told her she was probably right, that I'll probably get married even faster now.
Man, I'm getting teary eyed thinking about him, looking down on me. I sure hope he is, cuz I love him so much, and I miss him. And I so feel for Dixie, I told her I wished I could come hug her.
And she told me the funeral is on Saturday, which basically interferes with Simon's baptism, bummer. I'm gonna have to figure out what to do. His baptism is at 9:30 am in South Jordan, and the funeral is at 11 in Pleasant Grove. But there's the viewing the night before and then before the funeral, which I would want to go to. I might just have to miss the baptism. But I don't think anyone would be offended. Especially Simon. I was at his birthday party, and later he asked me why I wan't there after I said I would come. He didn't even notice me when I had been there, ha. So he likely wouldn't notice me gone from his baptism...

Today was Memorial Day. I got up and went running, ran a new route, up past the church (my singles ward building) and over to Tanner Park and back. It was about 2.2 miles, which was more than I thought I had ran, which was good. I'm liking running a little more all the time. I still have never run more than 3.5 miles, but I did that on, I think Thurs, and I felt pretty good about it. I walked a little here and there throughout the run, but it was the farthest I'd ever gone. I would love to get to the point where I could run a half marathon, or even a marathon one day. I would love to be that fit.
Then I did homework and such throughout the day, made cookies, cleaned in the kitchen, and then the Kerrs and Merkleys came over and we had a cookout. It was fun. I played with the kids on the tramp, which was fun. Little Owen is growing up so fast and is so adorable. Ethan's eye seems to slowly be getting worse (although their doctor says it isn't, which is good). But he is just as cute as ever.
Then Grandma called to talk to Mom and see how she's doing (she just had back surgery, round 2, a few days ago, and her recovery is going much better this time around), and I talked to her for a few min, about nursing school and such. Then I went to Kohl's and got a pair of brown sandals for church for a sweet deal: only just over $18! Regularly $50, marked half off for their sale, and then I had 2 sweet coupons I used. I felt pretty great about my purchase.:)
And now I should be doing homework. Which I better go do. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment