I meant to do this last week, but I just wanted to thank all of you for the gift: that sweet card and the beautiful necklace. LynAnn gave it to me on my last Friday and I was so touched, it means a lot. I absolutely love your father, and I miss him! I haven't been asked if I've gotten married last night for a while! I think some of you know this, but he was always so concerned about my marital status (or lack thereof), and would always say things like, "How are we gonna get you married..?!" and "So who'd you pick up last night?" I always told him that if I ever got married it would be due to his credit.:) He was always very interested in any dates I would go on and he would ask about them, and it was so fun to tell him about things I was doing. He constantly cracked me up and kept me entertained, as well as informed. I love talking politics with him and letting him teach me about the many topics that would come up in the news or on his tapes that I didn't know a lot (or anything) about. He is so smart and has the best sense of humor. I called his room my "home base." He was my favorite resident to be around (don't tell), and he was always so sweet and patient with me, never getting impatient or upset if I was later than I said I would be or didn't get to spend a lot of time in his room some days.
Anyway, you all have a great father. I love him. Thanks for letting me spend so much time with him, being a part of his and your lives. And I am praying things go well with his hip surgery, if that is what is decided to do.
Thanks again for the extremely thoughtful gift, I cherish that necklace. It's my "Dean necklace," and I always think of him and the Bergeson family when I wear it.:)
Nursing school officially started today, and it's going to be a lot of work, but I'm excited about it.
Hope things are going well for all of you!
Sincerely,
Melissa Gurr
No comments:
Post a Comment