Welp, I did it. I joined ldssingles.com. I took the plunge. Sally has been trying to get me to do it for months. I swear she knows something that I don't... I created like a quazi-profile a while back, with her on the phone actually, but I wasn't really on it because I hadn't paid. I wasn't too keen on joining for so long because, well because of the stigma on online dating (I'm over that), but also because you have to pay. But I have heard so many success stories in the last few months, from people that I know or meet, that I've been getting convinced it's a good idea. Since being in nursing school I don't have time to do social things much, or to meet people, or to date. Although let's be honest, if someone awesome wanted to date me, I would make time to date. So since I'm always on my computer anyway, and everything else is going online these days, including the Church, why shouldn't dating be online too? The last deciding factor was that I have been so craving male attention. So I did it. Is that sad? And I did it when I did because they were having a Father's Day sale, so I even got a deal! Three months I've paid for, so we'll see what happens in three months.
So that was 5 days ago, on June 18, 2012, day after Father's Day (last day of the sale). The next day I got all kinds of "flirts," some messages (emails), and even a few wanted to chat. I swear every time I was on, even for just a min to check it or something, a chat box would pop up and someone would want to chat. It was flattering, but unfortunately none of them really interested me, not to mention I had a ton of homework I was working on (taking little breaks here and there to check it, obviously..), so I didn't really have the time to chat with anyone. But it was so fun, getting all this attention. Not to mention very flattering and self-esteem boosting!
Anyway, then four days go by and NOTHING. Seriously, absolutely no one contacts me. It was bizarre. I didn't know if I was popular that one day cuz I was new, or what. But then just now, I checked my email and I had received a message. I was kind of excited. And then while I was on checking it, I've recieved a few more flirts/messages. I'm thinking it's when you are on the site, people can see that, and they notice you more or something.. not sure. But there's a couple guys that have messaged me today, that I think are cute. One mentioned Brian Regan (I mentioned I love him in my profile), which totally caught my interest. He asked if I had ever been to a show. So we've messaged back and forth a couple times now. He's 30 and just told me his name is Richard. I didn't tell him my name yet, I don't want these things to go too fast. You never know, y'know?
The other guy who is cute just sent me a flirt, saying "you're cute." He's cute too, and very outdoorsy, according to all his pics. But he's 40. He doesn't really look it. And for whatever reason, he didn't serve a mission. He looks cool though. I dunno, 40 is up there.. But I sent him a "flirt" back, saying "thank you"...I don't want to lead a 40 year old on too fast, could be weird. What am I saying, it is weird..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment