So. I need to do a quick update on the boy dept. Not that there's a ton to talk about, let's be honest. But I'll do it anyway.
So for the last few months, I guess pretty much this semester (Fall 2011), and yes, I still think of time in semesters..:) But the main two boys on my radar have been one named Nate Andelin, who I was set up with by his sister, Michelle, who was in my ward over the summer; and my co-chair, Trent McFadyen. Trent has been so fun to work with in our callings, and to get to know. He's hilarious, and an awesome guy. He is totally up to par as far as spiritually, and in leadership skills. He is extremely impressive to me in those ways, and those things are very important to me, which has made him very attractive. He's also very friendly and very huggy, and we have become better and better friends over the semester of serving together. The only thing about him has been that he is younger than me, he's only 22, and just barely deciding on a major, while I have graduated, etc. We're just in very different places in our lives. But I've thought we could work around that if needed. We've gone on one date, and hung out some. He took me to a play he got free tickets to (he works doing backstage stuff at the HFAC), called "The Hundred Dresses." Weird play, but it was really fun with him!
Then there's Nate. He is more my age, which is really nice. I don't actually know how old he is, but he graduated last year (which makes him likely a year or so older than me, which is great!), and is now just working, like me. He has a good job, he's smart, fun, friendly, and an awesome conversationalist! That is one of the things I like most about him. I have met few better conversationalists, if any. He is very good at asking about me, and he always asks about my work. I've never met a guy who has cared more about my work than him. That has been really cool, especially since that's mostly what I do these days, is my job. We have gone on a total of four dates now, the third of which I asked him on. This sounds like it could be getting serious, except the part that his dates are always two or three weeks apart. First we went to Divine Comedy and then got shakes after at the Malt Shoppe, then he took me country dancing (so fun!!) and to get ice cream after at the Health Fruits place (or whatever it's called, right there on University by Fat Cats), then I invited him to the haunted corn maze at Thanksgiving Point, and then he took me to a BYU football game (we froze, but it was fun), and to Wendy's after for food. They have all been really fun dates, and we always have fun together, and enjoy talking to each other. When we were saying goodbye after our last date, he said something like, "I had a lot of fun!" and it seemed like he really does enjoy being with me. I enjoy being with him too, but the thing is that other than becoming better acquainted with each other, we don't really progress. Not physically or romantically.. it's like we are good friends going on dates. Really far apart ones. Our last date to the game was a few weeks ago, so if he keeps following his pattern, he'll call me in the next week or so, but who knows. Each time I get to the point where I don't expect him to call again, because I haven't heard from him in so long, and then he surprises me. So who knows. After our dates, I always really would like to spend more time with him, and I would love to like the next day. And then by the time he actually calls again, I have kind of lost interest in him. But then he peaks it again when I'm with him.
The night of our second date, after we went dancing, I texted him the post-date text, to thank him, and behind that to let him know I'd love to go on another, and a conversation started and we texted til 4 am in the morning!!!! It was crazy! That was the week I invited him to the corn maze a couple days later.
So yeah, I don't know what he's thinking, if anything still. But I'm not going to do anything. I texted him the other day to ask about his Thanksgiving, and in doing so to let him know I was still interested, in case he thought otherwise, and we texted a little over that day and the next, and I ended up casually inviting him to our White Christmas movie night in our apt., but never got a response to that. So who knows. I'm not really worried about it, if he wants to do anything more, I'd be up for it, but if not, oh well I guess. My biggest thing about him, that I don't love, is his size. There's a size issue. I think he is maybe an inch or two (at most) taller than me, but he is not real built. I wouldn't call him skinny, thank goodness, but he's just kind of small. And he's probably strong, which helps a lot, but I just don't want to feel bigger than any guy I date, or especially marry. I want to feel small, y'know? He is really awesome though, a really great guy, with high standards, and a lot of other qualities I look for in a guy, so if that was the only thing wrong with him (his size), I could deal with it. But we'll see if he even ever calls again.
As for Trent, there are days when I am attracted to him more than others, but I think I have concluded that he is not the one. I think I can be sure of that. He is so fun to be around, and like I said, he has a lot of qualities that I really want in my future husband and father of my children and leader of my home, but some things he is lacking is being interested in me. He is really good at talking, but not the best at asking about you, the other person. There are other little things, but that's the main thing. But we get along really well, and I'm so grateful we got to be co-chairs, he was so great to work with. I'm also grateful I've gotten to know him through working on projects and things together, as opposed to just dates and stuff. It's a much more real way to get to know someone, I think, and much more comfortable as well. But he's great, I love Trent. He will definitely continue to be one of my good friends, at least while we are in the same ward.
In conclusion, it's not seeming like anything much will happen with either of these boys, but that's okay, I'll keep waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment