So last night, when I was just charting at the end of my shift, I get a text, and it was from nearly the last person I expected: Isaac. Yes, that Isaac. Isaac Calvert, the guy who gave me such good memories, and also such grief this summer. It said, "So, random, I know, but are you still awake?" And I said, after pulling myself together that he was even texting me, "Hey, yeah, I'm just getting off work." To which he said, "Would you like to go on a walk tomorrow afternoon?" A walk. Walks are serious. And as Jessica (my roommate) said, "Walks are so dramatic!" Haha, so true. To that I replied, after again, not really believing that he wanted to see me, "Sure, anytime after 3 would work." To which he said 3:30, I said that should work, and he said, "Cool, I'll call you around then." Then I said, "Sounds good." But I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious, like something wrong, so I added, "Is everything okay?" And he said, "Oh yeah, I just want to catch up, that's all." That's all, ha! I was glad everything is okay, and I was now really excited to see and talk to him.
Here's my theory: he is no longer dating his girlfriend, and wants to see if there is still anything between us.
So of course I've been thinking a lot about him since then, and have been really excited to see him, but then today during church he texted me and said, "This is really dumb, but I totally forgot about a meeting I have during our walk. Raincheck? Lunch sometime this week?" I was bummed, but I said sure, that's fine. He never responded, so we'll see what happens. But it actually worked out better I think because I have a cold, and took a nap this afternoon, which I think was needed, and I wouldn't have been able to sleep as long if we had gone on a walk. Plus, just being sick in general, I'm kind of glad not to have had to go out.
So anyway, we'll see what happens, if anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment