Thursday, November 3, 2011

New job, sort of

I haven't written in here for a while, it feels like.
Life is really good right now. Believe it or not, I can honestly say now that I love my job, and I am SO grateful for it. Yes, I still work at Courtyard, but I've recently taken my friend (and co-worker, first), Bekah's, job, as the personal assistant of Courtyard. She is due to have a baby any day. I still work as a PCA (CNA), or "green shirt," as we are referred to by the residents, I'm still PRN as far as that goes, but I'm getting more hours now, which is good, and a little better pay as personal assistant, and it's so enjoyable. I get to wear nicer clothes, which I don't have a ton of, but it's fun to dress nice, I'm learning. And I kind of have my own reign over my schedule, to a point. I get to sit and chat with the residents I'm helping sometimes, I get to drive the company car (did that for the first time today, and I was actually pretty nervous, but it went well), I am getting to know employees that I never really interacted with (Nellie, the front desk person more, Aubrey, Marianne, Todd more, and more of the house keeping staff); I feel a little more dignified and responsible there now. And people come to me for help with things. It feels good to feel needed. And I get to help residents that we don't really help much as PCA's, like Jeanetta (shower once a week), the Stewarts, Dean a lot more, James Madigan, etc. And I don't have to feel rushed to get a call light or anything, it's so great. I love it, and it's going really well.
I want to write more about my current situation in life, but it's 1 am, and I gotta go to bed. I just watched my show, Biggest Loser, and I am so hooked on that show. I love it so much. I am definitely a BL junkie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment