27 March 2011
Write in journal re:
-Date with E. Goodman (Brett)
-Liking Matt--him not doing anything
-Why are boys so scared to act?
-Why don't they do anything?
-Isaac/Institute
-Camille had baby!
-Figured out summer
-Figuring out life--> I want to do PA
-Reading the scriptures really can protect
I wish I could remember the experience I must have had that made me write that last thing, about the power of the scriptures. But I do know there is definitely protecting power in reading the scriptures. We're promised that, and I have seen it.
About figuring out summer, I went through a very stressful time as I tried to figure out what I was going to do with my summer--where I would live, if I would take spring and maybe even summer classes, and graduate in Aug., or if I should wait and just finish in the fall; I wanted to do the fall option so I could be involved in BYUSA again, but Mom kept advising me to just finish in the summer and be done. She wisely told me that you never know what could be happening, say in the fall, like illness, or getting married, or whatever, so to finish your degree as soon as possible. She is wise. I eventually decided on where to live, which has worked out really great because I've become really good friends with my next door neighbors, Alyse and Tiffany, which has been a great blessing. And I decided to just go all summer and graduate in August, which I feel great about now. It was hard to decided that last semester because I loved my classes and my schedule and the social aspect of my major so much, I hated the thought of graduating and being done and leaving. This semester that thought is a more welcome one, as I'm not as fond of my classes, and I'm getting really in need of a break. So in just a matter of weeks, really, I'll get one. The stressful thing now, again, as I wrote yesterday, is trying to figure out what to do after that. But tonight I worked a lot on my PA school application, so that was good. I mostly just need to finish the essay, which has become the hardest part. I had it written, twice in fact, and then had Sally and Joe read it, and Joe basically said I needed to write another one. It was good advice though, he had some good pointers and ideas, and I could see why he said that. He's been really great to help me out on this application process, having gone through a similar one himself.
Okay, I need to go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment