Yep, today is Thurs., and I just finished the first week of my last semester. I can't believe I'm really graduating in August. I don't think it's really hit me, but it sure is getting closer and closer and more real. I finally just ordered my cap and gown yesterday, and am taking my last requirements to finish my degree. Am I really old enough to graduate college?? And then I'm supposed to know what to do after that?? I mean, I'm 24, I've served a mission, and now about graduated college, but I still feel so young, so inexperienced, so inadequate to go onto a grad school, like PA school or something. Aaa! And no, I still don't know what to do with my life. I'm nearly as lost as ever right now. It's still between PA and nursing, but recently I've been playing around with the idea of a paramedic or EMT (I'm in a first aid class:). And I'm supposed to be studying for the GRE so I can apply to these places and I should be submitting my PA school application, and I just haven't done those things yet...I don't have a ton of motivation right now, I think mostly b/c I really don't know what I want to or am supposed to do with my life.
But as far as my class schedule this semester, I'm taking Advanced First Aid and Safety, Chem 107 (a lab), Pearl of Great Price, tennis, and I'm auditing guitar. It's quite a few classes for summer term, but it's only 6.5 credits, which is definitely full time (8.5 if I count guitar), but I feel like it's doable.
This semester I have not even touched my schedule, switching classes around or adding different ones, since before it started. That has never happened. Not in my whole BYU career. The first week of every semester is always so stressful cuz I always seem to be switching classes, going to more than I'm signed up for, trying this one and that one to see which ones I want to actually take. And it always works out, but it's crazy and stressful until I actually settle on a set schedule and only go to those classes. But this semester I have not changed my schedule once this whole week, and it's been amazing. Partly cuz it's never happened before, but also because it has been such a more relaxing first week of school than I've ever experienced I think. I really don't think it's ever happened. If it has it was like once, and definitely before my mission. But I really think this is the first time. I'm glad I did it, it's about time, as I'm graduating.. :)
I like my classes though, for the most part. Heavenly Father knows me so well, and loves me so much. He knows how important the social aspect of school (and life in general) is to me, so even if I'm taking a class I really don't want to be in, He has friends in there for me, either ones that I already know, or people that I can become friends with quickly, or both. Like my chem lab. Chem 107. The class I haven't wanted to take. Ever. I'm only taking it to increase my options for PA schools and nursing schools. Some require a chem lab (or multiple, which I don't have), so I will be able to apply to more schools now, if I choose to. But I went, and the first day, on Tues., as class was just starting, I looked down the row in the auditorium room we were in in the Benson building, and there was Jerom Bridges.
Jerom and I met in the physics homework lab (such a serendipitous place, that homework lab:) on afternoon, I think last fall. Fall 2010, I believe. And we ended up working on the homework assignment together that was due that day, I think it was a Friday, and then the subsequent quiz that was also due that day, until like 10 pm that night. We were literally there together, having just met, for multiple hours that evening, doing this dang assignment and practice quiz. Being in the homework lab doing physics for that long on a Friday night sounds awful. But, like Heavenly Father is so good to me, because it was a fun social experience, because Jerom was there, he made it much more bearable, and even fun. He had me laughing, we joked back and forth, it was great. And we had just met that day. That's why I loved the physics homework lab. :)
But the rest of that semester I only saw Jerom in the lab again every now and then, not a ton. But then the next semester (this last winter semester 2011) we had Nutrition 201 together, as well as Functional Anatomy. We weren't in the same class/section, well except the first day I went to his section, but we had the same professor (Dr. Johnson, loved him!) and we'd see each other in open lab fairly often, and sometimes study together in there on the cadavers. That semester I had Children's Lit, so I studied up in the juvenile section of the library a lot, and he did too, for whatever reason, so toward the end of the semester we'd see each other up there a lot, it seemed.
I was sad when winter semester was over, for many reasons--I loved my classes, all primarily exercise science classes, and they were so awesome; but also the social aspect of that semester was so great! I had lots of friends in my classes, mainly just school friends (just people I saw at school), and Jerom was one of them. I was kind of bummed that I wouldn't see him any more. Then I ran into him in the library last semester (spring) and we ended up chatting for like 15 minutes or so, it was so great! He's like this old friend! Then I ran into him again in the Wilk a couple weeks ago, he was studying for the GRE.
So then this semester starts and on the second day, Tuesday, I go to my lab and look down the row, and there he is! Jerom and I have a class together again, of course! I was so excited, and thought it was so funny. When the first part of class was over and it was time to go to the actual labs, I went over to him and he was like, of course we have this class together, we don't have any other classes together this semester yet.. or something like that. And it's so true. We are like destined school friends. And the funny thing is, through all of this, since I met him, we've never exchanged numbers. There have been times when I would love him to ask me out, I mean, I always would. He's fun to be around, I would love to hang out with him, and be around him when we aren't doing school stuff, cuz I think he'd be really fun. But yeah, so far we are strictly school friends. Although we did both go to the outdoor guitar explosion last semester, and chatted afterwards as we started to walk home.
Anyway, that's Jerom.
But my point of that was that Heavenly Father is so good to me and blesses me with friends wherever I go, I feel like. Like also in my tennis class, I was a little nervous to take it be myself, cuz Tiffany (my next door neighbor and new friend, as of the summer) and I were going to take it together, but then she decided not to, and I've never really played and it's totally out of my comfort zone. But I decided to anyway, to learn a new sport, and I even was blessed to get into an earlier section than I was originally in, which is taught by Matt, my volleyball teacher who I loved, winter semester. And when I got there he immediately acknowledged me and does every time, but also, Jake Blood, a good friend from my ward last year, Winter 2010, is in the class too, which I was way excited about. He's awesome, so that's fun. I'm really grateful to know someone in it. And one of his mission buddies is in it too, Tad, who was actually in my Marriage Prep class last semester, and who I thought was this kid from my mission (who I didn't know well, obviously) and asked one time and he was like no.... It was awkward. Anyway, he's in it too, and he is I think my age (and Jake's), which is so refreshing to be around guys that are older than 21 or 22... And we're slowly becoming friends, he's nice, and cute. That's fun too.
Anyway, I just feel really blessed. I'm so blessed everyday. The Lord's hand is so in my life, and as much as I am sick of being single and so want to be dating someone and to have that companionship and affection, etc., I know it will happen when it is supposed to, and until then, I am so blessed regardless.
It's dinner time now, gotta go!
No comments:
Post a Comment