Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Aaaaaaa!

Kayla is driving me crazy!!! She has no sense of normal, and thinks anything and everything anyone does that is different than what she does is weird! Aaaaaa! I just want to run outside and scream! She makes me so crazy! She is so irrational!!
The hand washing discussion came up again just now, and Alisha was here this time too. Thankfully Kayla washes her hands more now, which she said is because she feels guilty now since those strong words I had with her about it last time (she told Alisha I yelled at her. I did not yell at her.). This time I tried to explain to her, in a rational, calm, logical way, why it was such a big deal to me, and how you can get diseases from not washing hands after using the bathroom, etc. And she just couldn't get over how weird it was that I had ever even said that to her. WEIRD????? And let me add in a little few-minutes-prior-to-this background that makes this situation even more ridiculous:
Kayla had just gotten done telling Alisha and I that she thinks it is weird that Alisha pulls the shower curtain the opposite way, to get out of the shower, that she and I do--first of all, WHY DOES SHE EVEN NOTICE?? And second, WHY DOES SHE CARE?? We actually asked her both of these things, and (bytheway, this was all in good gest--the shower curtain topic, anyway) she said it's because it's different than her routine, so she notices. Aaa!
She had just asked Alisha about a completely insignificant habit Alisha has to pull the shower curtain the opposite way that she (Kayla) does, and she thinks it's WEIRD that I would notice and ask her about a habit that she lacks, which could literally cause any one of us to contract a disease, and potentially die???? (I wish I had said that to her, after she kept saying how weird she thought it was that I had said anything to her about it, to point out how ridiculous her thinking was, but it came to me just minutes after the opportune moment, too late. I hate that.) Aaaaaa! She does not reason like a normal person!! THIS is why I want to scream.
But I guess I should focus on the bright side: at least she is washing her hands more. My chances of getting sick and dying have decreased significantly since I moved in with her. This is good news.
Hopefully I can find this funny eventually, maybe even soon. Right now I'm just so frustrated at her ridiculousness and irrationality. She acts as though I am the only one who ever thought hand washing was important, and that makes me totally abnormal or something.
And hopefully I can sleep now. It was too late to call Mom and vent, and too cold to go run or something (supposed to be -4 degrees tonight!!). So that's why I had to write about it, til 1 in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment