Saturday, January 29, 2011

I ACED A TEST!!!

I'm still not sure why my life is so blessed right now, every day. It's amazing. Everything is great in my life. I'm constantly in awe with how Heavenly Father has and is blessing me, daily.
The highlight of this weekend, was that I ACED A TEST!!!!!!!!!! I got 100% on a test! A real academic test, not just a volleyball test or something. It was my Orthopedic Impairments test, and I took it last night (Friday) at about 9 pm, and had studied much of the day, and I aced it!!! I couldn't believe it! That never happens! I was so happy, and am still kind of in shock that I actually got all the questions right! There was a short-answer part to it too, so I don't know what I'll get on that, maybe not 100%, but I feel pretty good about it.
Anyway, I just can't thank Heavenly Father enough. Oh, and I took my first Anatomy (Functional) lecture exam, and I got a 95% on that one, which I was also very pleasantly surprised at! I love my classes, and I am so thankful to be studying subjects I enjoy, and to be doing well. God is so so good to me.
Today I was able to go to the temple to do initiatories, and there was a really long wait, but it turned out to be great, because I got in some good BOM reading, and read this whole talk about reverence in the temple, and how to make our temple worship a better experience. I had even moved on to the Bible, and was trying to find the story of Daniel and the lions' den (I've been wanting to read that for a while), and then my name was finally called.
But also, I saw Sarah Sheley (my RS Pres. in my ward at Crown Apts. last year, I love her, she's hilarious. She and I became good friends.), Lisa Tate, and then Sara Scott (married now, I forget her new last name). I got to talk to Sara the longest, after I was done, and it was really fun to talk to her.
And, going along with what a great day today was, I also got to go work out, at Liberty Square (hehe), which I've been wanting to get back into this whole semester, but haven't, and today I had time, and for days now, since I planned on going running today, I'd been looking forward to going, and it was SO good to run and work out! It's been way too long.
Then I tried to go see Peter Pan on campus, but it was totally sold out, and as I was leaving I saw a poster for the Contemporary Dance Team's dance concert, which I had been planning on going to, since they were so nice to do the flash mob dance for us, but I had forgotten about it. Today was the last day, and the matinee had just begun like 15 min. before this, but I ended up just buying a ticket real quick and going to it. It was good, some of the dances were really interesting, but it was neat to see. The dancers are all really fluid in how they move, it was cool to watch. Even the 5 guys on the team. But I got to see Rachel Robison, who is the president of the team, and is who I coordinated with for the flash mob. She co-coreographed the dance, and basically led it. So I got to see her after, which was so worth the $12 I paid to see it. I was glad she knew I came, because I told her I wanted to, when they were doing the TBT flash dance.
Anyway, it was great.
Tonight I picked up Rachel Dickson (now Secody) and we headed up State Street to Pleasant Grove to Chelsea Ford's birthday party. It was really great to spend time with Rachel and catch up with her, and hear the updates on her family and their struggles. She is amazing and so strong. She is pretty much the rock in her family. It makes me even more grateful for the stable and strong family and life I have been blessed with.
And it was really good to see Chelsea too. It's always so fun to reminisce about the mission...such good times. Rachel and I also both reminisced quite a bit and told and repeated funny stories about Sister Rigley, who I trained and she greenie-busted, and who is training right now! And who comes home in a week and a half!!!! I can't believe she's already coming home! I still feel like I just trained her! Time sure flies. Rachel is going to go to the airport to see her, and I would SO love to, but I have class and can't. Bummer. But I'm so excited to see her!

Okay, back to homework, so I can go to bed, so I can get up and go to church at 8:30 am (not 8:40, like I've thought...:).

No comments:

Post a Comment