I'm just going to ramble about things that come to my mind and updates.
So things with Kayla are continually getting better. She really likes Alisha and me, and we like her. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to humor her or give her attention, but other than that, she really is great. She is even washing her hands more!!! Hallelujah! That seriously has brought me so much relief, because for one, she is cooking in our dinner group this Wed., and if she hadn't started washing her hands more, I honestly was considering either not eating here, or talking to her about the seriousness of hand washing before then. But alas, I don't think I'll need to do either of those things, at least not immediately. I might talk to her about the reason hand washing is such a big deal to me one day, if the opportunity presents itself, merely to inform. She is an intelligent person, and I'm hoping that the reason she hasn't been in the habit of hand washing after bathroom using has been because she has been uninformed.
Also, tonight our home teachers were over and, first of all, funny story about that. The message this month is about full-time missionary work, and one of our HTs, Beau, was going on and on about serving a full time mission and how great his was, and how great sisters are in the field and what amazing things they can do, and if we girls have ever thought about serving (but didn't stop for any response), and just on and on about sister missionaries and how great serving a mission is, etc. And the funniest part of all of it was that he was pretty much looking exclusively at me during this shpill on sisters serving missions. And I was just trying to be polite and listen, slightly nodding in agreement at times, trying not to laugh at other times, due to the irony of who he was looking at while trying to sell this mission idea. Then afterward, the other one, James, looked at me and was like, "Didn't you go on a mission..?" And I said yeah, and then I think Beau felt slightly awkward. I found it really funny.
Anyway, at the end James suggested we go around and talk about the best and worst things in our lives right now. I said pretty much everything in my life is going really well right now, that life is really good, but I did narrow it down to the best thing being my BYUSA program going really well right now. And my worst, haha, I just said was that I'm not dating anyone, but that it's fine. :) Anyway, what Kayla said is what I'm getting at. After talking about her worst, she said, "This might sound really cheesy, but the best thing in my life is my apartment and my roommates. This is the happiest I've been here." Or something to that effect (second part). It was so sweet, Alisha and I were so touched. She said that even though other things in her life aren't so good, she can come home and everything's okay. It was so sweet. And I was grateful to hear that because hopefully it will make me more sensitive to her and more patient with her quarkiness.
This weekend has been great. Friday night was the best. It was the BYUSA Activities retreat, so most of the ED's were there, and all the event leads for this semester were invited. Not all came, but there were a good bunch of us there. But it was such a blast, oh my goodness, it was so fun! Last semester I went as well, because my "event" is all year long, and it was a lot of fun last time, but I didn't really know anyone very well, if at all last time, and so I wasn't really able to be myself or really get out of my shell. But this time, I know all the EDs so much better and others from the office, and Elise was there (my new co-director), and we have become practically instant best friends, so it was SUCH A BLAST!! I love her so much, and we are like 2 peas in a pod when we're together (and Sam's [her boyfriend, who I love too] not there:).
Highlights of the retreat include:
-Having Elise there
-Having Blair there (another event lead, who I've become good friends with in the office)
-Being crazy and hyper (myself:) with Elise
-Ryan and Blair in footy pajamas (aka onesies :). Hilarious.
-Playing games with everyone, including Mafia, Murder in the Dark, and "Honey I love you, will you please give me a smile?"
-MASSAGE LINE
-Getting a massage from a boy named Brandon, who I just met that night, who I wasn't legitimately interested in, but who is attractive and initiated flirtation with me
-The massage line flipping (Brandon's request..) so I then massaged Brandon, who continued to flirt with me (mutually) and who smelled really good.
-Having some long missed physical contact with a male (completely appropriate, don't worry. It's just been a really long time since I have, and I miss it and it felt so so good.)
-Hanging out with Ryan (Greenburg). He is one of the most hilarious people I know, and so much fun to just be around.
-Being the easiest one to make smile/laugh in the "Honey I love you..." game, so I got picked on, but it was really fun, I liked the attention because I was so much more comfortable with everyone at this retreat and knew people
-Brandon continuing to repeat that I said I was "easy" haha :)
-Staying up til 4 am
-Hugging all the late-late nighters goodnight as we last ones went to bed
-Getting a hug from Brandon, that he promised me, for massaging his back extra (good hug:)
-Sharing a room and bed with Elise. I love that girl.
-Elise continually saying things like, "I'll do what Melissa does." I felt like I was back in elementary and had a best friend that we both just always did the same thing and followed each other around
-Elise always wanting to sit by me and me by her :)
-Being able to make entertaining "comebacks" (remarks, really) towards Johnny (the obnoctious one, as opposed to the other Johnny, who is so sweet and lovable)
-Not having to ride in the same van as the obnoctious Johnny on the way home
The retreat was so much fun, and I'll be honest, I have re-lived that massage line many a times in my head, haha
But I just love Elise so much, and I cannot even put into words how grateful I am for her in my life, as part of TBT, but also as one of my very best friends. We have clicked so quickly and so well, it's been amazing, and so much fun! She and Sam are in my volleyball class too, and that just adds to the fun.
It's really late and I need to go to bed so I can have a productive day tomorrow, but I just love life! I am so blessed and so happy.
Oh, and one more thing, Steve (Madsen) called me today, totally out of the blue! I was so surprised when I saw it was him, but it was so good to talk to him. Surprisingly good. We only got to talk for about 20 min., cuz then I had a meeting, but it was really great. He asked all about my life and what's going on and what's new, and I him. And it made me miss him. He is such a great guy.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment