Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sweet email from Jamie after her birthday weekend trip, 3/2/14; and my response 3/4

Melissa Melissa,
Just thought you could use an e-mail to help get you through the work shift tonight :) I hope you have the energy you need and that it goes by quickly. I'm so sorry if you are incredibly tired.
I know you feel bummed about not being able to be here tonight. I am too, so know that I will be missing and thinking of you. What is a party without you anyway? Not much of one, that's for sure :)
I just wanted to say thanks again for this weekend. I sound like a broken record, I'm sure. But I had been looking forward to this for a while. Not necessarily even because it was my birthday, but because I got to have you there the whole weekend to hang out with. Going home and celebrating with my family would have been fine and fun (and it was) but having you there made it that much better. I meant it when I said that's all I wanted :)
Thank you for the thoughtful gifts. All of them. The delicious cookies, the yummy Hi-Chews that are my favorite, the deodorant that you remembered I loved, the cute sweater and belt that you bought for me, and of course the fabulous nail polish. I loved shopping with you, watching movies with you, doing nails with you, and all the other fun stuff we got to enjoy. There is just a real contentment that I feel when I am with you. And to also be there and enjoy my family too? That's just the best of both worlds.
Thank you for letting me open up a little and be emotional in front of you on Friday night. And for being emotional with me. And for understanding. That was a very real and very tender moment for me.
I wish you could see my heart and see just how much of it belongs to you. And how much a part of me you really are.
Don't ever forget how much you mean to me.
Love,
Jaimo


(Jamie,)
Thank you so much for this email. I actually didn't see it until after work and sleeping today, ironically. But this email is so special to me for so many reasons. You have been blessed with the gift and ability and desire to tell people how you feel about them and share your love for them (at least with me, I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has been blessed by this quality you have), and it is significant. It is so appreciated and cherished, letters and notes like this from you, and you continue to make me want to be more like that.
But even more so, thank you for the things you said. They mean so much. It means the world that you wanted me there with you so much..I can't even tell you. And I'm so so glad I got to come! Seriously such a fun weekend, and for the same reason, because I just got to spend the whole thing with you, just hanging out, with nothing to worry about. That was the best. A serious vacation.:)
And yeah, I was bummed I couldn't come last night, but I gotta share you with others sometimes..:) I'm glad it was fun though, you need more reminders like that that people love you. Lots of people.
But I just love you and love being with you. Sometimes I wish we could just hang out all day all the time, ha. But alas, real life calls. But we sure are good at making awesome memories in between all that real life, that's for sure.
Anyway, sleep good, good luck at work, I wish I could do something to help you be not so tired tomorrow, because I know that's coming..:/ and good luck in your game!! Wish I could be there too!
Love you!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment