Friday, March 21, 2014

Sick, Keelan's sealing, still think about Andy

3/21/14
I've been sick for almost a week now, but slowly getting better, thank heavens. My throat is much better, now I just have this nasty cough and occassionally need to blow my nose. My right ear popped this morning! That was exciting. I can hear out of it normally again.:)
I mostly slept all day today, on the couch, with a 2 hour break in the middle of the day to eat lunch, ran the dishwasher, filled out my March Madness bracket, then went back to sleep, in hopes of getting better quicker so that I could work tomorrow..that is the plan, I'm planning on going in. I've called in sick three times this week, and I hate the thought of calling in again. So I'm just going to go and hope I'm okay. And also that I'm not contagious..
But tonight I went over to Camille's, Sally and the kids are still here from Dawn's wedding and Keelan's sealing (Joe had to go home a couple days ago), so I went over to hang out and have a "Frozen" party. I helped eat some of the pizza and dinner that was left when I got there (I slept later this afternoon and missed eating with them all), and then I cleaned up part of the dinner mess, and then was just around for bedtime routines, stories, etc. I sat on the couch with Camille as she read to Owen, which was really fun. I just love that little boy. With every page he would turn and look at me, to see my reaction or something, it was so cute. Then Ella came and joined us, crawling up on my lap. Then Camille took her kids to bed and I read Caleb and Ella another story (actually Christian came and read it for me), and it was so sweet to just sit there with those kids, reading a book. I just love all those kids so much. Owen, Caleb, and Ella like me the most I think, out of those two families, but I love them all. :)
I also still think about Andy a ton. I've been thinking about lots of good memories and good times with him lately, especially as I fall asleep. And more and more I can see us married. But even more, more and more I think it would be so fun to date again, after he's done with school (in about 5 or 6 weeks). But I don't know, we'll see. Jamie was over here last night, I gave her some Benedryl to help her sleep (she has a hard time sleeping a lot, and esp. the last couple nights), and we ended up talking a lot about things, like Andy, and the Pat situation for her. And we never have answers, but we always can come to two conclusions:
-Day at a time
and
-Time will tell
and that's what gets us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment