Saturday, October 5, 2013

Maggie started a nursing friends email chain

Maggie's first post:
Well, turns out the whole blog thing failed, haha. It seems a little too complicated to try and figure out how to post on there so I resorted to email. How are you guys!? This is my attempt to create a "newlsletter"/"blog" of some sort. Pretty awesome that we all passed the NCLEX! So happy to have that thing over with! LIfe is good in Virginia. We really love it here! I started orientation last week. It's been good but nothing too exciting. I got my badge with RN on it which was a pretty awesome feeling, but I'm still pretty terrified to get my real schedule and be on the floor. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Some of you are already working so fill me in! How has it been? Well, sure love you girlies! Hope you are all doing well
Mags

My reply/journal entry double:
So, I'm really surprised I'm the first to respond to this! Sorry Maggie! You try so hard and we all fail... :) And bummer about the blog..

About that dang test: I agree, I think it is WAY awesome that we all passed!!! Talk about most stressful event of my life..!

But hey hey! So glad life is so good for you out there in VA! And you've probably started shifts on the floor by now, no? How is it???? I would feel the same way, you know I would! But so exciting!

I just started a job working for a company called Community Nursing Services (CNS) doing flu shot clinics. I've been doing it for almost 2 weeks, and I really like it! Since my schedule is so open, they've been scheduling me for lots of clinics, so I've been working nearly full-time hours over the last week, which has been really great! We go around the Salt Lake valley and do clinics at businesses and schools and Wal-Marts. It's just a seasonal job though, so I'm hoping to still find a full-time job in a hospital by the end of November, when the clinics are over. I've actually been trying to get on at St. Mark's, I did that nursing research study with Alexis Snyder, who also got hired there along with Jess and Gabby, and we had talked about me wanting to work there, and she has let me know that they have an opening there on the medical/oncology floor, so I contacted the nurse manager and hope to hear back from her. But I would love to work there. Jess and Gabby..any way you could help that..? :) 

But Maggie, I agree, when I got my badge for the flu clinics, that said RN, totally weird. It's so crazy being asked, "So what do you do?" And now being able to say, "I'm a nurse." So so weird. Weird not to say, "I'm in nursing school" anymore. But SO nice, ha.
As far as other things, so there's this dating app called Tinder that has gotten a bad reputation with some, but my friends and I downloaded it recently, and it's great! (Jess, you should get it, if you're not already on it.:) I've gone on a few dates from it, and with one guy in particular, named Andy, who is very impressive to me. But...I'm not good at this relationships thing. He kissed me last night, which was way fast, and I'm kind of in freak-out mode right now. So...we'll see how things go.

Aaaand, that's all for now. Thanks for starting this, Maggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment