Sunday, October 13, 2013

Update on Andy (back to freaking out, to things being ok), via email to the nursing besties

Yay for more updates!!! CONGRATULATIONS, CYDNEY!!!!!!!! Holy cow, you're pregnant??? So exciting!!! I would love to hear more about what you sort of mentioned...was this not planned then..? Sounds like it's been a bit of a shock, and maybe a hard idea to adjust to..but you will be such a good mom! Seriously. And I don't doubt this is exactly when your first little one is supposed to come to your family.
Also, dang about not getting the job(s) you wanted.. here's the thing though. So I actually got an interview and job offer at the U Hospital the other day, on AIM-A, where I wanted to work! All thanks to Jessica!! But the same day I got a call for an interview at St. Mark's for that medical/oncology floor. I'm pretty sure I'll take the U job, but I'm still going to the interview at St. Mark's on Tues. But Cyd, if you would want to work there, I'll totally give you the nurse manager's number and tell her about you if I don't take it! Let me know. Or if you wanted to work at the U, I think they might still be hiring, and the nurse manager is so nice and said she prefers to hire new grads and referrals, over experienced nurses. So that's an option too, if you were interested. But that's cool that you are able to work where you are, you're definitely learning skills that the rest of us won't be for a while, if ever, so that's awesome.
Elisa, I especially liked your fear of having forgotten everything and killing someone first day of the job, haha. That totally made me laugh (I feel the same, no worries) and miss you!! And I'm right there too, if you need help moving or packing! And YES, let's all get together before you move, for sure!
Alright, so here's the update on the Andy sitch:
So in a nutshell, after that 2nd date that went way too fast (started with not touching, ended in kissing), I freaked out the next day, went out with another guy from Tinder for lunch between Conference sessions (not interested), then the next day went to the last session of Conference with Andy. In the car on the way, I brought up the subject of Friday going too fast, and we had a discussion where we both felt the same, that that wasn't how we wanted things to go, decided to take a step back, and I included no kissing for the moment. So then things were better, Conference with him was great, then we walked around Temple Square, chatted a lot, he came to my house for dinner, then we just hung out there the rest of the afternoon/evening, basically. Chatted a bunch, played a rousing game of fuseball, went on a walk, etc. 
Then as he was leaving he said he wanted to see me again as soon as possible (cute), so we set up a date for Thurs (2 days ago), to go to the BYU Homecoming Spectacular. I love that show, so I was way excited. By the end of the night though (still Sunday), I could tell he was still into me more than I was into him. But things were good. Then from when he left, through Mon, Tues, and Wed., he just kept growing on me more and more. He texted and/or called each day (called upon my suggestion--I hate getting to know someone primarily via messaging, which is what we had mostly been doing, minus our dates), and I felt really good about things and was super excited to see him the next night. I hadn't kissed him at all on that last Sunday, despite his obvious want to kiss me, and by now, Wed night, I wanted to again. 
But then come Thurs, it was like a switch flipped, and I suddenly just wasn't feeling it so much anymore. It was weird.I don't know what happened. And I thought seeing him Thurs night would change it back, but it didn't. So the date Thurs night was fine, he was really cute and nice, as usual, we cuddled, held hands, etc., but I just wasn't really feeling it. And I still don't totally know why. I think partly because I was so tired and sleep deprived that day, from working late the night before and getting up early for my first flu shot clinic of the day..I don't know. But at the end of the date he asked me how I was feeling about things, and I said, "Good...but I still want to take things slow.." even though I really wasn't feeling that good about things, at least not being that into him. He told me that at that point, he had no desire to hang out with any other girls. I was totally flattered, and felt bad I couldn't say the same. He told me though, that as far as the weekend ahead, and otherwise, if I wanted to hang out with other people, and go out with other guys still, that was totally fine, and he wasn't offended. But if ever I wanted to hang out or do something with him, he was there. So I was just confused and frustrated, because I had been feeling so interested in him just the day before. And he was clearly still very interested in me, and I wanted to be able to return the feeling, partly because he is such a great guy. And I was feeling very much like, when was I going to find another guy this great, if ever?!?!? 
Well, long story of this weekend short, after being an emotional mess yesterday over it, not knowing what to do or how to feel, and partly still this morning, I still wasn't really feeling interested in him, despite my attempts to rekindle my feelings by reading our previous conversations, etc., and I frankly didn't really mind if I never saw him again. Which was sad and weird, because just a few days ago I really thought things could really work out, long-term, with him, and kind of saw myself with him. 
But after figuring out my feelings and what to do about it, we talked on the phone tonight and I just was totally honest with him, about how I had kind of just suddenly lost interest, and didn't really know why. He was so great, and so understanding, and said he's been in the same situation, so he knew exactly how I felt, which I appreciated. But I told him that I was very willing to still give this thing a shot, greatly because he was so great, and because I had felt into him previously, but that I would want to just go slow, do the friendship, no pressure thing. He agreed that that would be good, and was happy to still spend time together, so we decided to take some steps waaaayyy back, still go out with other people, and maybe do something fun in the next week or two, no pressure, and just see how things go.
So that is where we are at. But I'm actually really relieved and feel like maybe he's just not the one. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but he's basically my height, and I still don't love that. But I do still think I could get over it if I was in love with him. So we'll see what happens.
Sorry for the loooooong update. Hope you all really wanted one. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment