Alright, so here's the update as of Sunday night (that's when I wrote this), 5 days ago:
So yesterday (Sat) I was freaking out throughout the day (this wasn't a year that I got the most out of Conference..I was a little distracted, to say the least), I talked to a good friend at the beginning and again at the end of the day, as well as my sister last night, got some good advice (and therapy..you guys know how I am, haha), and decided to talk to Andy about things, how they happened way too fast and that we needed to rewind. Things had just gone way fast Friday night, not in a dirty or inappropriate way, but just not in the way that I prefer. Plus, by the end of the date I could tell that he was way more into me than I was into him, and I didn't love that either. We weren't on the same page anymore. He texted me throughout the day yesterday (Sat), and kind of bugged me all day because of it, haha.
So I had gotten tickets to Conference and invited him, and we went, and my plan was to talk to him in the car on the way. By the time he came to get me, I was nervous as heck, and almost couldn't functionally carry on a normal conversation with him. But pretty quickly things came up and I said we needed to talk, that things had gone really fast on Fri, and then right away he basically said that he agreed and wanted to talk about that too, and asked to go first. I was more than happy to let him go first, so of course I said yes, and he proceeded to apologize for how things went on Friday, and said he felt really bad and that's not who he is or wants to be, or how he thinks a relationship should start, etc. I then told him I felt the same, and that I felt like we probably felt the same about things (which was such a relief!). I told him I really needed to establish a friendship first, that relationships don't work for me otherwise. I told him I thought we needed to just rewind and start again at the top, including backing off on the physical, including no kissing for the moment. He felt great about that, so that was basically it. I was so relieved and felt much better about things.
Conference was great, he still held my hand some, while we were walking and then at the end of the session. Haha, I wasn't really giving him any open window to hold my hand, because like I said, I wanted to kind of start over, but I did kind of want to hold his hand, because he is a really nice guy and I was happy with his reaction to the talk. But I resisted, and then when there was about 20 min left in the session, I think he probably couldn't take it anymore, and my hand was even up by my face, with my elbow on the arm rest, so nowhere near his hand, and he just reached up and grabbed it. Haha, I thought it was cute. So I let him.:)
Then I invited him over for dinner to my house, and he just left a little bit ago (it's after 10 pm now), so it's going much better! I know he wanted to kiss me, and he kissed me a bunch on the cheek throughout the afternoon (really cute), but I never let him kiss me, kiss me. I even kind of wanted to, but I decided last night I wasn't going to kiss him today, so I resisted! I consider it a personal victory. :)
So at the end of the day, today (Sun), I feel like we're going to give this guy a shot. He's still into me more than I'm into him, but he's a really great guy and fun to chat with, and he seems to really like me, which doesn't happen every day, so I'm going to see where it goes. It's fun to have someone like you like this, but, I don't know..I guess I'm just not crazy about him yet. My biggest issue about him is his height. We are pretty much the same freaking height! Aaah. He's like a half-inch taller than me. I don't love that. But I figure, if that's the worst thing about him, I can probably deal with it. So we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment