Sunday, October 13, 2013

Andy update: I actually have been missing him. Aaaand...getting excited about Spring 2014 NYC/DC trip..

So Andy and I talked last night, and I told him honestly how I was feeling, and that basically I wasn't feeling it so much anymore. But he's so great, and I was feeling it before, so I was willing to still give it a shot and not totally bag the whole thing. I was so grateful and appreciative of how understanding he was of my feelings and the situation, and impressed with how he handled it and responded in such a mature way.
So we basically decided to just step waaayyy back, go out with other people, and do something fun in the next week or two and see how that goes.

After the phone call I felt so relieved, and didn't have much of any desire to see him that bad, necessarily. Lincoln's baby blessing was today (the next day), and I had considered inviting him, just as a good friend, but thought I'd wait and see how I felt after the phone call. I didn't have any desire to invite him, so I didn't.
But by the end of the night, as Jamie, Wendy, and I were watching North and South, for example, I started missing him and kind of wishing he was there. And then today, I thought about him a bunch, and was kind of missing him today too. We had an amazing meal at Camille's after the blessing, and I was wishing I had a friend there with me to enjoy it, like Andy, or Jamie or someone. But I think I really would have enjoyed having Andy there, as a good friend. I like him a lot as a person, and I think it's safe to say we have become good friends. I care about him and enjoy being around him.
So I kind of want to do something with him sooner rather than later, for fun. Like go to a haunted house or corn maze, or rock climbing even. That was so fun with him on that 2nd date! I really like rock climbing. Camille suggested we come over for a game night sometime. That would be fun too.

In other news, Shannon was at the blessing today, she had brought Grandma, and she is back home for a couple semesters while she is getting her BSN in nursing, so that she can more easily get a job. She and Justin, her husband, live in NYC, 4 blocks from Times Square!! So cool! I have wanted to take a trip to NYC and DC for a while, and now that I'm finally out of school and making money, I really want to go and am planning on it next Spring. Jamie and Wendy are totally in, and I think it will be a blast! So I was talking a lot about New York with Shannon, and it just sounds like a total adventure living out there. Except that their rent is $2375!!!!!! Holy cow!!!!! That is crazy!! But it's working out for them and they really like it out there. And Shannon really thinks it will be fun for us to come out, and she was even willing to put us up at night, in their studio apt!! Haha, she is so great. That might be crazy, but due to wanting to cut costs whenever possible, I might take her up on it... I'm getting excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment