Some updates:
Only 2 more weeks of clinicals, and I am SO GLAD! Not because I don't like clinicals, I usually do, unless you get stuck with a nurse who isn't so good at having a student. But because this means only 2 more weeks of having to deal with our clinical instructor, David. I think Elisa, Maren, and I are the ones who have had the most issue with him. He is a great teacher, a great nurse, and he really knows a lot. But his grading policies and his lack of clarity on what he expects of us, and how his expectations are always changing from what he said, and getting graded as such, has been really frustrating, and we're kind of all done battling him. A few weeks ago I sent him a pretty frustrated email, to say the least, because of something he had docked me on that I thought was nit-picky, and not included in the instructions. The next day I asked him about it and he was frustrated at me from it and made me feel really bad, and I lost it right there in front of him. Just cried. Things were better at the end of that day, but the next day I brought something up again from our previous conversation just for clarity, and for my need to be understood, and he got on the defensive, which made me re-mad, and ever since, I just don't really love being around him. Especially alone. It's just kind of awkward. I did send him an apology email a week or so later (no response back), so I feel like I've tried to make amends, but he's still frustrating in his grading and such. We feel like there's always something wrong with our work. We're almost always getting docked for something.
Anyway, so I'm excited to be done dealing with and getting graded by him. That being said, he has taught us a lot, and because of his high expectations, I feel like I've learned a lot as a student nurse.
The election: The election is in TWO days. Voting ends on Tuesday, and first of all, halle-freakin-lujah that the election and election ads and everything else will be over. But also, heaven help us if Obama somehow wins again. I honestly question the intellect of anyone who still thinks Obama should continue to be the President. His record is terrible, he has failed in so many ways. He's probably a nice person, he's a great speaker, but he is so lacking in skills of leadership, business, and finances. This country is so far in debt, much more than we were when he took office, the unemployment rate is higher than 4 years ago, more people are on welfare than probably ever before--I think 47% of this country.
Anyway, today is fast sunday, and part of my fast is for Mitt Romney to win. I feel very strongly about this election, and I think that he has a good chance if it's fair. But I'm so afraid that Obama and his team will do whatever they can, including rigging the election, to make sure that he wins.
But we'll know on Tuesday I think..
Next. Dating. Online dating is about the only dating I'm into right now. Only thing I've got. So I've been on ldssingles.com since June, and it's finally seeming to really produce results. Or guys that I really might want to get to know. And the biggest thing is that I went on my first ldssingles DATE yesterday! It was with Josh, JFK Josh, as I like to call him (his screen name is "J_F_K"). We've been slowly messaging for about 2 months now, and finally met yesterday, the day after his 30th birthday. We met up in Sandy, next to the South Towne Mall, and went rock climbing at Momentum. I was nervous about it at first when he suggested that's what we do, but it was a lot of fun! My hands are sure still sore today though, ha. And he was pretty fun too! I don't really see an eternal future with him, but he seems like a great guy, has a great job, seems to have his head on his shoulders, and he's pretty cute.
My main downer about him has been his height. He is exactly my height, basically my size. Which I haven't love the idea of, because I really want a guy who is bigger and taller than me, I want to feel small. I don't want to crush the guy when we cuddle. And as Wendy says, "I want his butt print in the sand to be bigger than mine!" :)
So when we met yesterday, one of my first thoughts was, "yep, he's short, just like I thought it would seem." But as we got climbing and such, he has a really thick upper body, which I love. He's definitely build, even for being a shorter guy. He was very masculine to watch climb, because his shirt would stretch across his back and shoulders really nice, as his muscles worked. I am really attracted to a buff upper body, especially big deltoids. And he definitely had all that. I feel like he could probably carry me, which helps make up for the shortness.
He was fun to joke around and flirt with some. There's a little dorky-ness to him that is mostly why I don't see marriage coming out of this. But I wouldn't mind going out with him again, and I'm pretty confident we will. He kind of already made reference to that, once while we were rock climbing, and again last night texting. So we'll see.
But there are a few other guys that I've been messaging lately, one in particular: screen name Celtic411, I think. Celtic-something. He's black, from West Africa, but moved to DC about 9 years ago, went to BYU, and now lives here in SL I think. He seems pretty cool, intelligent, has confidence and his own style, which I love. And he's pretty funny. I hope that we go out eventually, he seems pretty chill, which I also love. Not to mention the bucketlist item that has been on my list in the past, of kissing a black man. This may be my chance to check that sucker off the list, who knows..? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment