Sunday, November 18, 2012

Coming to terms with the election

So about the major Obama bummer, it is still a major bummer. I was actually really upset about it for a few days, and was really struggling with coming to terms with the fact. Mitt Romney had so many great plans and such great experience that was basically a guarantee to improving this economy and getting our nation back on track and out of this astronomical hole of debt the US has. You could see his excitement and energy and enthusiasm for it. And you could also tell that he honestly just wanted to help America and help families. As opposed to Obama's complete and disgusting lack of enthusiasm and excitement for the future, and sincerity. He does not love this country, he does not love its people, his heart is elsewhere. I would say he is much more interested in the perks, like expensive vacations and the fame and glory. As well as trying to decrease the strength and status of America. It makes me sick to listen to him, he is such a dishonest, sleezy person. And it has come to light that there was quite a bit of voter fraud in the election, which makes me mad because that basically means the election was essentially stolen from Romney. But I'm honestly not too surprised. I had said for a while that I thought Romney had a really good chance of winning, IF the election was fair. But Obama and his goonies are the kind of people that will do whatever it takes to get what they want. So I'm not really surprised that there was a lot of cheating, and turns out bribing too, which led to the sad sad re-election of the man we refer to as the president.

I was so upset about it, and really was having a hard time coming to terms with the fact. I was just in emotional turmoil about it. I was mad at the half of our country who voted for Obama for being so uninformed and so obviously unconcerned about the real issues at hand (like the failing economy and the high unemployment, and the enormous debt we're in); and I was so sad for Mitt, for working so so hard, twice, to get into the White House, to do some good, and for all his great plans that will never get implemented now. I am getting re-upset about it now, just writing this. I really just wanted to cry for Romney. I feel like his loss, after all that, is the epitome of the saying that life isn't fair. And all that good he could have done, how our country could have so benefited from his leadership and financial and business experience and past successes, will never be seen, or be possible. It's just not fair.

But one thing that helped me was some quotes by one or two of Romney's head campaign directors or what not, and they said that it wasn't that America didn't know the real Romney, that's not why they didn't vote for him. It's because the people don't share his values. Meaning, he has values, and morals, and a great portion of Americans don't share those good values. So basically Romney lost because this country has become so wicked that it doesn't recognize good when it's in front of them, or doesn't care, is more like it. This is also obvious in the fact that with the horrible record Obama has from the last 4 years, somehow this country still re-elected him. Amazing. People are more concerned about abortions being legal and gays being able to marry, than people getting jobs and getting back on their feet, and our country getting out of this financial crisis. It just makes me crazy.

But like my mom said a few days ago, if this is what will help usher in the 2nd coming (which I don't doubt it will), then by all means, put him in! Scary though, that it's obviously only going to get worse first.

But on that unhappy and frustrated note, there is some good in all this, just like in any other bad thing. And that includes that HALF THE COUNTRY VOTED FOR A MORMON!!!! How cool is that?!??! It's awesome!! It means that the Church is even more mainstream than ever before, and like an article I saw today said, that people are more curious with questions about Mormons now than they are critical (something like that). So true. It is motivating to me to want to share the Gospel even more, because people have got to have more questions about the Church, and what better time than when the Church has been so in the limelight with Romney's campaign.

So yes, still a major bummer, but I'm dealing with it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment