Sunday, November 4, 2012
Flu shot clinic
Yesterday I went and helped at a flu shot clinic out on the west side of I-15. It was a free clinic for the refugees out there (from Africa, etc.). It was such a great experience! It was a little on the slow side, especially from how busy it apparently was last year, so I only gave probably less than ten shots, but it was still great. Especially getting to practice on kids. I made a few kids cry, which was sad, but hopefully now they don't get the flu. And I only stuck myself once! :) Ha, yeah, I was giving this kid a shot, and while holding his cleaned arm with my right left hand, I reached over and got the needle with my left, took off the cap with one hand, and then the needle flipped and stuck my ring finger. I got another one and gave him a shot with a clean needle, but I was totally bleeding under my glove. Kind of felt like an idiot, but it was fine, at least it was a clean needle! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment