And so many things to respond to, I loved your email back! :)
Okay, so first things first. The DATE with Mr. Nick Purse was good! He came and picked me up, right on time (thankfully I was ready), and we headed out to his car. He was a perfect gentleman and opened my door always (car and buildings). We just started chatting and never really stopped. He is a great conversationalist. We went to Zupas, which we both love, and ate and then just talked for a while, and went home. I'm all about short first dates. So yeah, it was great as far as conversation. However, I don't think he is the one (which is really too bad because he dresses great, good shoes!, I mean really attractive shoes, he's almost done with his THIRD degree, including law, and he is going places). There were certain things he said that seemed surprising, in an unfortunate way. Just some comments he made. But no one is perfect, I need to not scrutinize so hard after a first date, I think. I definitely wouldn't mind a second date, to get to know him better. But I won't be crushed if there isn't one. Although, another good thing about him was that I think it was the least awkward walk-up-the-skinny-BDA-stairs- and-walkway-together and goodbye at the door that I've ever had there at BDA. That was really nice. He's a very non-awkward, comfortable person to be around, Gosh, I'm liking him more and more as I think about him! :) I sent a post-date text thanking him and telling him I had a great time, and he responded with, "You're welcome Melissa, it was fun, thanks for coming!" So we'll see what happens. But the thing is that we've eliminated the "what if" of Nick Purse, so whatever happens, I am thrilled about that at least.:)
Oh, so then the funniest thing about the night is that seriously about five minutes after I got home from the date with Nick, Isaac called me. He had called earlier in the day, but I was at work and couldn't answer. I called him back and left a message. So then yeah, he called me after I got home, and we just chatted for a while, laughing and cracking up, it was fun, and then we started talking about a movie, then he asked me if I had seen Braveheart, and I said no, but recently I had been wanting to watch it, edited, and he said he had an edited copy from Clean Flicks! (exclamation mark because hewas so excited about this, he loves that movie, along with all other males). So he asked if I wanted to watch it, now, and I was like, "Sure!" He had been on his way home from Salt Lake, after a bad blind date, so a few minutes later he came and picked me up, and we went to his apt and watched it. Ha! It was surprisingly fun to be with him, actually. And I tell you what, I had been totally and completely done with him after the Easter dinner episode, and him just dropping me off, etc. I was surprised that he even called me, and it ended up being really nice to be with him. I am so comfortable with him, I don't feel like I have to pretend about anything, or try to be impressive or anything. It was really nice.
But he's funny, I don't know what his intentions are. He never touches me, he's not huggy, nothing. We sat on the same couch for like half of the movie, but then I was cold and he was somehow warm (I was to the point my nose was cold), so he was sweet and went and got his comforter from his bed, and gave it to me, and then moved to the other couch (I think because he was already warm, and the blanket was huge and he didn't want to be hot). So I don't know. It was a great opportunity to hold hands, if he had wanted to, but nothing. And he dropped me off again, didn't get out of the car or anything. I don't get him. But he knows I'm leaving, so I guess whatever. It's just that he kind of made me interested in him again. Dang it!
Okay, enough about me--how has your first week-plus been? Have you gotten over jet lag yet? I think that would be so hard, to switch your sleeping schedule so drastically. I'm so glad it's such nice weather! And I'm sure your hands are only looking extremely hold-able..too bad those lovely boys can't! Tell them to be patient, only a few more months and they can... Though I must say, that does sound very refreshing to not have any dating pretenses or pressure, to just be friends with everyone. I bet that makes you all even more attractive though, like how married men are so attractive cuz they are just nice, y'know? Is this true with the Jeru boys?
Other news--all my friends, pretty much, have moved out of the ward (you, Joylyn, Allison, Jenny, Joel..) so the idea of leaving Provo is getting easier and easier by the day, thank goodness. I just don't really feel like I am a part of this ward anymore. Which is kind of a blessing, I feel like it's my time to leave.
As far as roommates, it's been kind of nice to have Chelsey gone, not gonna lie, she sadly made the more immature side of Jessica come out more. They were a lot alike in some ways, which was surprising. And we have a new roommate, Kylie Simpson, who is Jessica Simpson's sister. She's nice, she's fine. Jessica (V.) and I still get along, I've concluded that she just doesn't like me sometimes, I think. At least that's what it seems like (though in her defense, it would be hard to like a roommate who snoozed her alarm every five minutes for large amounts of time almost every morning...poor girl.). Some days we're good friends, or at least buddy buddy, have good conversation, joke around, and other days it's totally the opposite, like pulling teeth to have a conversation. Strangest roommate relationship I've ever had, that's for sure.
But I'm leaving in six days, which will be good. Though at the same time, I'm really not so excited to be living at home. I honestly don't know how long I'm going to last. But I'm trying to be positive and hopeful.
Okay, I'm sorry this email has gotten so long and been mostly about me! Sheesh! I'm so glad we can email too, I miss you!! There is honestly no one like you, and I love you for it.
Anyway, have a great day/week!
No comments:
Post a Comment