Sunday, April 22, 2012

Getting ready to leave Provo

BYU's finals have ended, as well as my housing contract. However, because I don't start up at the U til May 9 (orientation), I am working down here at Courtyard through Monday, May 7. So after debating extensively moving out and then just bouncing around friends' apartments for the next 2 weeks, I decided just to pay the $75 our management would charge me to stay an extra 2 weeks. It was much more worth paying and saving me mentally than it would have been to try to move out when I would have, which would have made for a much more stressful few days.
About starting nursing at the U, some days I'm more excited than others. The thing I'm most excited about is having someone I know there with me, a friend. A morning PCA, Sam Flake, is going too, and I see her all the time at work, and it's been so nice to have someone to talk to about everything, and everything we have to do before we start, etc. Definitely been a blessing.
As far as living at home, I haven't thought about it too much, I think I try not to, but in all honesty, I'm not looking too forward to it. It will be really nice to have free rent for a while, and to be there for family stuff more, but I'm nervous about being around Dad a ton. He often still talks to me like I'm a kid, not a 25-year old RM who has a college degree and whatever. But I hope it gets better. So we'll see how it goes, and how long I last. I could last a week, or I could last a year. We'll see.
And the singles ward. I'm slightly excited to meet new guys, and hopefully older ones, but nervous about going to a new ward, starting over with being the new person, not knowing people or feeling comfortable at first. I hate the new-ness of change. That part I don't like. It's uncomfortable. But I guess we have to be uncomfortable to grow, right?
Anyway, if I sound like a Debbie-downer right now, I have been slightly moody tonight. I think I'm about to start my period soon, and that's adding to it.
Anyway, better head to bed. Tomorrow I'll hopefully feel better emotionally.

I need to write more about my job, and what I will miss when I leave in a couple weeks. Esp. Dean, Nora, Jo Stewart, and Bob Horner. Also the employees, like Megan the housekeeper, Kathy the nurse, the PCAs like Kemari, Jen, Liz, Ridge, and Paul; and Derek the scheduler, love the guy. He's like a brother in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment