So being the RS president this past semester has been a blessing in multiple ways, but the biggest way is that it brought me to the best friends I have now.
I would say my best friends are currently Amy Brown, Joylyn, Allison Brown, then Jenny of course (Joylyn's roommate), and...yeah, that's about it. I was closer to Natalie Hodges (my third counselor) more mid-semester, but we haven't been here at the end so much. I just don't see her much lately.
Anyway, Amy is my best friend, she is so amazing, and our personalities and temperaments really get along well. I am 25 and she is 21, I think (maybe even 20?), but she is very mature for her age (maybe I'm very immature...?). Anyway, I love her so much, and I am SOOOO grateful to have been called as a RS president because I don't think I would have gotten to know her this much. She (as well as Joylyn, etc.) has been such a blessing and a confident in my life. She is an incredible listener and cares so much about people. She always asks about my day and how it was, and about work and what I did at work. My heart is just overflowing with love and gratitude for her as I type this. She reminds me a lot of Anna Boyer (now Hansen) in those ways. She is so amazing and has (as well as Allison, her sister) made me feel so loved and cared about. I have laughed with them, chatted, had deep conversations, and have broke down and cried to them (about my roommates). They and she came into my life at such a good and needed time, and I can totally see the hand of the Lord in the timing. He is so good to me, I am eternally grateful.
Anyway, the sad thing is that, like how I became best friends with Elise Beckstead last year, winter semester, and then she left me and went to Jerusalem, Amy and I have become best friends, and she just left yesterday for, yes, Jerusalem. It was hard, for both of us. It was hard to say goodbye, it was quick because I had to go, but then we texted a bunch the night before she flew out (2 nights ago) and afterwards I was emotional again and just so sad she was leaving. I love her so much and haven't had a best friend for so long, and certainly not one like her. We are so similar in so many ways, it's been amazing. We both love country music and all things western; we both love a lot of things.
I'm doing better now, and just got word tonight from Allison that she is doing great and just LOVING it already, and already does not want to come home, and feels so good about being there. So I'm so excited for her to be there and have an amazing experience.
One thing we said we would do it email each other and keep a chain going, so she could tell me all about it and the cute boys on the trip, and she wanted me to tell her all about all the boys I date, or whatever. Ha. So I'm going to start posting our emails on here, to keep a record.
That's all for now, goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment