Sunday, May 31, 2015

Boating with Matt Broadbent, SO FUN!!!

Today is Sunday, I worked last night, and I still feel half dead, haha. Partly from working and lack of sleep, but more from boating yesterday and being really sore in pretty much every muscle in my body. But it was sooo worth it. So fun!!

So Matt Broadbent, who knows Camille and Jake, and who I've become "friends" with by inviting him to trips we plan (Havasupai, Hawaii, the Narrows), but who can never come because of traveling for work, texted me Friday morning saying it was high time he invited me and friends along to something, and invited me to go boating with him on Sat afternoon. I was so flattered, but told him I didn't think it would work out  because I had to work Sat night (he said they'd probably get back around 7 pm), but thanks so much anyway! But then he surprised me and seemed to want to work it out so that I could come, saying there was likely someone coming later, and we could probably arrange a drop-off/pick up time.
So anyway, that ended up working out, and my friend, Chelsea Furniss in my ward and I went (Jamie was in ID with her family. Brandon, her brother just came home from his mission; and confession, it was actually really nice and refreshing to be with someone else, to be with Chelsea. I really like her.) and met them at Utah Lake, and it was such a blast! It was just five of us--Matt, two friends of his, Bryce Craven and Scott Christofferson, and then us, and then another girl, Rachel, joined us later. But the guys were all cool and nice and chill, and the girl was really cool too. It was so fun to be around guys like that, and to meet some new, nice ones! And so refreshing to have a fun social in-person interaction like that, haha. But seriously! Plus it was such a blast to be on the water. It was one of my best wakeboarding days ever, I think the water gods were with me, but I was able to go in and out of the wake a bunch, and even switch directions on the board mid-wakeboarding, which I've only ever  been able to do once a long time ago. And Matt had me play my music, which they seemed to like. I brought my iPhone cord and an auxillary cord so we could play music, and he has these really powerful speakers on his boat so we blasted music, which made it even more fun.
Chelsea and I left early, along with Scott too, but it was perfect. It was so fun. I rushed home and showered and got ready for work really fast and ran off, and the end of the night was pretty hard to get through at work, including having become increasingly sore through the night, and it being painful to move. And I was borderline dysfunctional by the end of the shift and was a little worried about driving home (I was fine). But it was all so worth it. SO worth it! Oh my goodness, it was such a blast.
And as far as the guys, turns out Matt isn't really my type, so no interest there, except that I hope he invites me again to go boating. :) But the other guys were cool too, and initially I thought Scott seemed more my type, but by the end, I was more into Bryce. We figured out he is the older brother of a guy I went to high school with, Spencer Craven, who I was never really interested in, but he and I were kind of always in the same group of friends, and he was a good looking, nice, and fun guy. But initially I thought Bryce didn't seem like someone I'd be interested in, but after talking to him for a bit in the front of the boat, I kind of changed my mind. He went to Olympus, which was fun to talk about. He graduated in '97 (ha!), so he's like almost Rosanna's age, but that didn't bother me. Lately I've kind of been feeling like older might work out better for me. Random, but I seem to attract older men. I always have. Ever since like right out of high school. For example, Paul would date me, he's 45. 46 now probably. Then there's Thomas, the cute black RT at work who gave me his phone number, and he told me he's 40, I think. Forty-something, maybe. Then there's Todd at work, who is married, but we get along really well, he's an attractive man, and likes to flirt, but he's in his 40's too. So not that I'm going to date any of these people, but it's just made me wonder if older would work better for me. So this guy, Bryce's 35, or whatever he is, didn't really bother me. He seems cool, and like a good guys. And Spencer, his brother, was always a good kid, I was on Seminary Council with him, I remembered last night. So he comes from a good family.
I invited both Bryce and Scott to the Narrows, and both of them sounded potentially interested, so I told them I'd send them the invite on FB. So I found them both last night and added them as friends, and looked around on Bryce's page a bit. Couldn't see much, but a few things. And normally, when I do that, it usually ruins my interest in the guy. So I try to avoid it. But there wasn't anything I saw that turned me off. He seems to be a really outdoorsy guy, good guy, not too into himself or anything. Seems to be fit, a runner, and just a fun, good, well-liked guy. So I would love to get to know him better. It would be awesome if he came to the Narrows with us. Or if he, y'know, asked me out or something...that'd be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment