Monday, June 29, 2015

Funny voicemail history. And the suckiness of dating right now. Oh, and the Narrows!

So I life has been good and bad lately. I have a pretty great life, minus one thing. A man. Most of the time I'm okay with it, and it doesn't get to me too much, but the last week or two it has been really frustrating and hard for me. Dating in general. Or the mostly lack thereof. I attract the less actives, and it has happened again. Or short guys who are active and great, but who I'm not attracted to. I can't win. And it's been getting me more down than usual lately.
But I was just going through my voicemails to delete a bunch, in hopes of having enough space on my phone to take a picture of the locations nearby where I can go apply for a passport (I might go to Taiwan with Rob and Meg in Oct, crazy!), and I just wanted to record the names of the guys who have left me voicemails in the past couple years, and what I have named some of them in my phone, ha:

(Mostly from oldest to most recent)
Kory Fleming (wasn't for dating purposes, I can't remember why he called, just said to call him)
Adam Reiser
Tinder Andy Smith (the guy I went ice skating at the Gallivan Center with for the first time, and who put his hand on my leg and then fell totally asleep with it still there, while watching a movie at his house, ha)
Andy Google Voice
Tinder McKay
Miguel
Darren Christensen (many)
Joel Anderson (love that kid, and his messages, always, haha)
Tinder Collin Urban Planning
Spencer Ring
Tinder Eric Smith
Tyler Riley

And that takes us to just the other day, with Tyler Riley's message. He is such a great guy, has his life in order, head on straight, good job, active in the Church, socially normal, funny, but he's my height. Maybe even a tiny bit shorter. Ugh. And I just don't feel attracted to him. Maybe if it were under more casual circumstances and I got to know him casually over time, but after our two dates, I just don't feel attracted to him. Maybe if he were taller. I just really have decided that I just really need someone taller than me, by like a few inches. I just really want to feel smaller than them.
Tyler even smells good too. Ugh. Why can't it work out..?
And Tinder Eric Smith is this guy who I AM finally physically attracted to, and he seems interested in me, we have a lot of the same interests, he's got a good job and is a good guy as far as I can tell (we've been out a couple times), but he's not active. Of course.
Again, can't win.
And I've been back on Tinder for the last month or so, which is how I met Eric Smith, and how Tyler found me, actually, but Tinder has turned out to be more disappointing and frustrating that usual this time around. The few guys who will message me don't message me for very long, and I don't know what I'm saying to make them stop. It happened again just this morning. It is so discouraging and frustrating. I might delete it here soon, just because it feels more discouraging than encouraging lately.

And the 4th of July is this Saturday, which is normally my favorite holiday, but I have no plans, don't really want to do anything with Jamie at this point, it's often hard to be with family on holidays because it reminds me so much of how single I am, and when I'm already feeling down about it this week..I may just volunteer to work.

But my life isn't all bad. On the up side, we went to the Narrows in Zion last weekend, and it was a blast! I had wanted to hike the Narrows for YEARS, and I finally got to do it! It was the perfect weekend, with perfect weather and conditions, fun people..it was so great! I would totally do it again! And I was worried about that. My love for camping increased a ton after that trip. Oh, and I bought and slept in a hammock for the first time ever, which wasn't actually ideal for sleeping, turns out, haha, but fun to try it! And definitely a space saver!



No comments:

Post a Comment